"We're going to need a bigger boat."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We're going to need a bigger boat."

Seriously I think a settler on a galley in the immediate future is a must and would like to know how others who have not yet expressed thier views feel about this.

So I ask you should we send a settler to Uber isle asap?

The AI are always quick to grab overseas land and I would hate to see some one else overthere before us.

Even if you don't have any big views ion the issue a simple yes or no post would be good.
    Are we having fun yet?

I think we need to explore it, and having a Settler team on board would hasten the settlement of it.

Comment

I think we should explore it first, before we send a settler along. Losing 2 population points as our galley sinks into the sea would be a pain in the ass, if the shores we see are inhospitable anyway, like more damned jungle or perhaps deserts.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Perhaps 1 galley to check out the coast line and then we could use cunning galley tactics to ensure thers no chance of losing a settler.
        Are we having fun yet?

Comment

What the heck would we want an island for?? Hello, corruption. Besides we don't even have a harbor yet. Colonizing islands is at the bottom of our priority list.
          Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
          If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevman
            What the heck would we want an island for?? Hello, corruption. Besides we don't even have a harbor yet. Colonizing islands is at the bottom of our priority list.
            We need to get to Uber Isle because it probably contains new amounts of resources that we couldn't find on the continent (that aren't already claimed, that is). The corruption wouldn't be too bad, because the island itself is rather close to Apolyton, and building a harbor isn't some monumental task that would take 100 turns. The pros outweigh the cons.

Comment

I say yes, this is important. But I suggest we try and colonize all available mainland prior to settling there, although exploration might change my mind on this.
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

We need a bigger boat? Heck, we need A boat.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                  We need a bigger boat? Heck, we need A boat.
                  those brave citizens farming whalebeef probably have a boat
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Having thrashed the Yankees, we can afford to build one galley, to explore the land to the south. As we learn more about potential resources there, we can decide about diverting more resources to settle it.
                    (Take note, though, moving in this direction would mean we should stop selling or trading our world map.)
                    aka, Unique Unit
                    Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Explore first, then if we find goodies, send a settler quickly thereafter (i.e. have one ready).

Comment

colonization
                        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Working...
                        X