Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What next?

What next?

That simple question outlines the situation we find ourselves in. Sure, some things are easy enough to guess: connect an iron source to our capital, exploit our glorious victory over the Americans... but really, what do we do now?

This thread is for people to discuss what we should turn to now as the next step in making our nation the dominant power of this world.
    2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
    Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

I was goign to suggest building several settlers to grab all the land around the US but those damn greeks already have.

Therefore as we don't have anywhere near enough land for an empire I think we need to attack some one else and take a load more cities. Once we have bulit up our home land defence of course.

Who to attack though is a tough one. The greeks would be ideal with thier high number of good location 1 pop cities but thier hopites, I think, make them unfesable. Therefore I think the only nation close enough to us would be the French. Although a peaceful nation they are IMO the best option and have alot of nice land especially to their south west.

We need alot of land/cities to make up for our poor quality of land. If you doubt that our land is poor then checkout the grassy plains of the Russians. (also for a laugh check out where the babs decided to build Ashur.)

therefore IMO a new army should be built, this time of horsemen.

Also a settler on a boat is IMO essential.
    Are we having fun yet?

Comment

oops, sorry, didn't notice that thread before posting mine
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

OPD covered about all that I would say we should do. I think a settler or to on galleys should be a major option that we should look at.
        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

I might as well post in this one (though the other one has a pretty picture). I support building small citties in the midst of jungle with terrain jobs done by workers. They quickly become just as important and productive as all the other cities we have. The more cities, the more power we have by every measure.

Comment

I support a clearing of the jungle. We've had our territorial war, and now we have ample territory for a good time to come. We need to make it better territory. We have a luxury, and we have our iron and horses. Knights will be a force to be recogned with once we get there, no doubt. But for now, clearing the jungle and building up our cities into production cities should be our goals IMHO.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I agree, time to rebuild and exploit the land around us, as well as possible expansion across the seas and to the ivory coast. Then, when we get Chivalry and Knights, its time to get midieval!

Comment

Originally posted by Donal Graeme
                I agree, time to rebuild and exploit the land around us, as well as possible expansion across the seas and to the ivory coast. Then, when we get Chivalry and Knights, its time to get midieval!
                i think this quote should be kept for the rest of time, its quite ingenious.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Thanks, I guess all that time I spent paying attention in English when I could have been sleeping has really payed off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

i think this quote should be kept for the rest of time, its quite ingenious.
                    I shall bump this thread only because others should have the opportunity to enjoy this wonderful masterpiece of the english language.

edit: Rats, i quoted the wrong part. Oh well, they will get the point

Comment

Originally posted by Donal Graeme
                      IMO, this is the best composition yet, of what the best option is for Apolytonia.

Comment

We need an Academy for Literature selecting sentences expressing artfully ideas of particular interest for the Apolytonian culture. These sentences would be engraved on the trunk of banana trees bording the roads, for the enlightenment of the travellers.
                        Statistical anomaly.
                        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Sounds like a volunteer speaking to me DAVOUT. Start collecting and submit them to the Jungle Gazette!!!

(OK, but only 1/2 in jest).
                          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I agree with Ninot and everyone else who said we should take a bit of time, found a few more cities, build our infrastructure up, and prepare for a series of wars in the middle ages (at which point the greeks will look a whole heck of alot more tempting...)

Comment

Oh and if we build another offensive army now it should definately be horseman so we can just upgrade it to knights and then calvary later.

Comment

Working...
                              X