The Washington Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Washington Address

President Ninot arrived in Washington a handful of days after the main battle took place. He walked up the steps of the White House, and addressed the victorious soldiers occupying the city, and the citizens of it as well. This is the transcript.

Mere days ago, oppression was avenged, and justice was served. Proud and noble armies converged here in the town of Washington. They encountered an enemy, and slayed that enemy gloriously. And with this victory, those admirable soldiers declared to the land, we are a people not to be trifled with. They announced that nothing will impede the growth of their wonderful nation. They proclaimed "We are Apolytonians!"

Apolytonians fought threw jungle, wild-men and the forces of nature to build the finest nation in the land. But greed and oppression still stood in our way. We Apolytonians stood resilient however, and showed we could as well support the finest fighting-men in the world. Now, a shadow of a man flees, trying to save his cowardly country from us, and we will try to save it from him. He must be stopped, and the armies of Apolytonia will be the means to do this.

Apolytonians, Americans, all in this city of Washington. I ask you to join together, and this nation of Apolytonia will become one for the ages. As one, we will defeat Abraham Lincoln. As one, nothing will ever dare stand in our path again. As one, we will be victors!
    Last edited by Ninot; July 26, 2002, 23:54.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Thanks, Mr. Ninot. This glorious victory probably saved our asses…sorry, our Nation. We have a future, now. You guided us well.
    BTW, very nice speech.
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

That is an excellent speach.

I *salute* you President Ninot.

Comment

Boo-ya! We are the future!
        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

As we have conquered their capital, their Palace must be in our hands. I offer to pay the government 100,000 bananas for it, which will not be a great sum for me, as I have the largest banana plantation in all of Apolytonia.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
            As we have conquered their capital, their Palace must be in our hands. I offer to pay the government 100,000 bananas for it, which will not be a great sum for me, as I have the largest banana plantation in all of Apolytonia.
            Unfortunately, Lincoln ordered the Capital Building in Washington to be burned before we could capture it. It seems as though Abe was able to escape somewhere to the north, and it is rumored he is building a new American capital.
            Last edited by Timeline; July 27, 2002, 09:33.

Comment

Well, my sources told me that it was made out of fine marble, so I can rebuild with little effort. I will still pay 100,000 bananas for the land and the building.

Comment

don't you mean land and large marble slabs?

Comment

I reserve the former capital grounds as my future presidential spa resort, sorry Skywalker.

Comment

You can't do that. In article 5, section 2, paragraph 12, sentences 7 and 8 of the Governmental Ethics Act it states "No government official may take spoils of war for his or her personal use. All such property must be auctioned off to the highes bidder."

Comment

And? im the highest bidder, cuz i use the treasury of Apolyton

Comment

No way, that thing is mine.

Comment

"Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                            No way, that thing is mine.
                            I'd buy it, but Im dirt poor....
                            "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                            - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Nice propaganda speech Ninot, it sent shivers down my spine with its righteousness. Nevertheless I think it was us that were the greedy and warmongering faction in this friendly dispute. We should embrace the fact that we were the bad boys in this conflict, knowing that this was done for the future generations of Apolytonians. So they can breed unhindered and with joy, no restraint holding their procreations down.

Comment

Working...
                              X