No announcement yet.

Where wll the American Capitol move to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where wll the American Capitol move to?

Is there anyone who can predict where the American Capitol will move to, after we destroy/capture Washington? Could be NY, could be Boston, could even be Chicago....

It might be important in two ways:

a) Which cities we can bargain for in peace talks

b) Whether a city has culture (from the new Palace). Cities with culture have a better chance of being captured instead of auto-razed.

Your thoughts..?
    Greatest moments in cat:

Take washington....
    then take NY
    Peace for philly or chicago.... or both
    My guess is boston gets the new capitol.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

america wont neccesarily give us a city, we might need to capture the third one...

Comment

The capitol usually goes to the next largest city, unless a smaller city has a WoW and the next largest doesn't. I also agree there are no guarantees we can get a city for peace; it doesn't hurt to see if we can, though.

Comment

boston after we take washington.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

assuming we're trying to predict this in order to take advantage of a palace jump anti-razing bonus?

if rushed, city's will likely go down to 1 and be auto-razed. the palace jump might prevent that, but i'm not sure if any level of culture is enough to prevent an autoraze or whether it needs ot expand to the first culture level.

if the latter, it may not be worth it to wait for the cultural border expansion before attacking. it depends on whether the defense will get tougher to overcome. can't say without actually playing the game and seeing it.

I'll leave it to our SMC to make those snap decisions.
            Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
            Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
            Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
            Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

It is the latter. The city must grow to one levl before it wont autoraze. I often put my army right outside a city before this point and let the city grow. Considering movement time and recoup time it isn't a long wait. Perhaps the next largest city will be 3 and we won't have to do this.
              Aggie
              The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

The sniveling American government will fly to Boston, even as their spearmen die at the palace gates. Let them slink away to the north! While we wheel back, to seize New York, as the lamentations of their populace rise!
                aka, Unique Unit
                Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Working...
                X