Enough already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough already!

Please, people, please, I am, and I believe most others are, sick and tired of all of these constitutional questions. Can't we just go by common sense? All of these problems only exist if you think about them. For example, instead of debating whether or not the Constitution could be changed instead of just added on to, the people who thought it was confusing could have just written their own version of the Constitution, which would be unofficial, on the forum with only the active parts included, and asked the mods to top it. Problems about succession during impeachment need never arrive - the situations will likely never happen, and if they do we can decide then, when we know the particulars of the situation. We shouldn't be thinking too much about the structure of the game - we should be HAVING FUN.

I don't often agree with skywalker. But this time, he told brilliantly what I think.

I hope other people who are tired with constitutional bickering will tell it here. Some people don't see how boring this is.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Well, part of the fun of the Democracy Game is in the roleplaying that it allows. And I think that, to some, having an elaborate and well-amended Code of Laws IS a fairly big part of that roleplaying. There's naturally going to be debate about it, but there's always debate when a democratic system is used for anything. It's another one of those things we can't prevent, like party alignment. These are things we just have to learn to live with.

Comment

We may be in for a firestorm of flak, but I kind of agree, Skywalker. I guess all the constitutional stuff is important. And it's going to be rockiest in the early stages of the game, as we set up and then tinker with the structure of the game.
        But sheesh ....
        aka, Unique Unit
        Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

This bickering isn't roleplaying.

Comment

skywalker has a good point. Some is good. There is just too much going on. Impeachment, ya, I can see that being important. I am the only one so far in my opinion polls to say "DO NOT ALLOW IMPEACHMENT". Just wait the next couple of weeks. But the extent of the minutia being debated....it is extream.

Then when you add in the other topics - should anyone be able to vote. should we have a census. should the constitution/col be rewritten to make it easier to read. should we just kill everyone and send their heads to the next of kin. Come on folks.

I think we need more turnchats (every 2-3 days) like spiffor recomended elsware, to keep the game moving and give people something else to talk about.
            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing

I think we need more turnchats (every 2-3 days) like spiffor recomended elsware, to keep the game moving and give people something else to talk about.

Great idea. More turnchats would allow people to bring up ideas that they want to talk about more often then posting a poll we have seen a million times, or a poll of somehitng that is ridiculous.

Comment

I agree with too much. I have said this about polls before. And I believe it is one reason we have so few that actively particitpate. TMI = Too much information. The game, I was led to believe (and HOPE), was for FUN. I can't make most turnchats since I work a job during the turnchat hours, but I do post and vote. Yet, I still get turned off sometimes with all the TMI. That's why I don't read the election campaign or election poll threads. I vote for the person based on their posts in the rest of the DG. I also don't always read the poll threads, other than the issue post, since it can get out of hand easily.

I know we need certain things; I appreciate that; I also appreciate, well accept it, that early on, we will have lots of this stuff going on.

I will second, third, whatever more frequent turnchats.

Comment

I not only agree, but posted pretty much this same thing in the Senate thread a while ago.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Well I've been one of the people disscussing all these issues. However, I would be the first to admit I'd rather be talking about the actual game. Its just that nothing is happening to talk about. I also suggested at least doing a turnchat a day and recieved no response what so ever. I again beg the minsters and President to give us something to talk about, so we can get interest up and the game moving. This is the reason i suspect for the drop in interest in this game. We NEED to play more and talk less.
                    Aggie
                    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I don't see why those who are posting on these boards choose ONLY to post in the Judicial/Constitutional threads... there ARE other threads! You are more than welcome to bump them back onto page one!

These things wouldn't be dominating the first page if people weren't interested enough in posting to them, and therefore bumping them up. Interest begets interest. Popular items get more attention, and more attention makes things more popular. That is the nature of forums like these. (You could even say, the invisible hand).

Justa few days ago, we had a few threads about whether or not to explore, galleys, colonizing Uber Island vs consolidating our continent first, the machiavelli institute, diplomacy, the map, geopraphy, the next target after america, etc... and more!

The new geopolitical situation had at least five threads dominating the first page for a while - and all the Constitutional stuff was bumped down. It happens in cycles. Relax.

If it bugs you that much, go start another thread. Or bump an old one.

As for me, whatever you (collectively) put on the front page, I'll read and post to if I find it interesting. Otherwise, I'll make a new thread - which reminds me... if I've got enough time tonight...
                      Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                      Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                      Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                      Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

... or instead of starting a new thread, people might leave too.. I forgot to mention that other consequence of not having something that interests everyone...
                        Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                        Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                        Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                        Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

I am having fun. I think the constitutional questions are interesting.
                          For your photo needs:
                          http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Re: Enough already!

Originally posted by skywalker
                            Please, people, please, I am, and I believe most others are, sick and tired of all of these constitutional questions. Can't we just go by common sense? All of these problems only exist if you think about them. For example, instead of debating whether or not the Constitution could be changed instead of just added on to, the people who thought it was confusing could have just written their own version of the Constitution, which would be unofficial, on the forum with only the active parts included, and asked the mods to top it. Problems about succession during impeachment need never arrive - the situations will likely never happen, and if they do we can decide then, when we know the particulars of the situation. We shouldn't be thinking too much about the structure of the game - we should be HAVING FUN.

Oh HELL yeah!

We have enough of a Constitution to play the game. We have a judiciary to deal with problems if and when they arise. We are confirming their choice as those we can trust to do what is needed. What-ifs are now useless.

And if this doesn't stop ppl making those threads - make sure you don't post there as further protest.

Maybe we should make a No Unnecessary BS Party?

OK. Maybe that's too far.
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Maybe we can make an amendment that prevents spamming of the forum with constitutional bickering. Just joking.

I think the debating is entertaining, otherwise I wouldn't do it. However, I would rather talk about the game, though, most of the talk has been blown through just a day or two after a turn chat. So having more frequent turn chats would definately keep me talking about the game, instead of fighting over the proper process of cleaning official Apolytonian latreens, as dictated by the CoL.

Kman
                              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X