X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeachment questionair - voice your opinion part 2

Part 2 of impeachment questionair

Question 6
    Assuming the court does NOT hear the case, what percentage of the population must approve of impeachment in a vote?
    a) simple majority (50% + 1 vote)
    b) 2/3 (66.67%) of the vote
    c) 3/4 (75%) of the vote
    d) 4/5 (80%) of the vote
    e) other (please post your opinion)

Question 7
    Assuming the people want to hear the case even after the court has said no, what percentage of the population must approve of impeachment in a vote?
    a) simple majority (50% + 1 vote)
    b) 2/3 (66.67%) of the vote
    c) 3/4 (75%) of the vote
    d) 4/5 (80%) of the vote
    e) other (please post your opinion)

Question 8
    Should the official being impeached be temporarily removed from office during the impeachment process?
    - Yes
    - No

Question 9
    If the official is temporarily removed, how should they be temporarily replaced, and if so by what methods?
    a) No, the position remains vacant. If it is the president, then the VP plays for him.
    b) Yes, the President assigns to someone
    c) Yes, the person appoints an assistant
    d) The game stops until the issue is resolved, so no replacement is necessary

Question 10
    What should an official be impeached for (vote for all that apply)?
    a) breaking a law
    b) making poor decisions
    c) becoming unpopular
    d) ticking off the great banana

OK, I think I got what everybody was discussing. These polls are unofficial, they are to be used for public opinion purposes only. They both expire in 5 days. Thanks for taking the time. J
    question 6, a
    2.19%
    question 6, b
    9.49%
    question 6, c
    3.65%
    question 6, d
    0.73%
    question 6, e
    1.46%
    question 7, a
    0.00%
    question 7, b
    8.03%
    question 7, c
    5.84%
    question 7, d
    0.73%
    question 7, e
    2.92%
    question 8, yes
    4.38%
    question 8, no
    12.41%
    question 9, a
    3.65%
    question 9, b
    8.03%
    question 9, c
    1.46%
    question 9, d
    0.73%
    question 10, a
    16.06%
    question 10, b
    7.30%
    question 10, c
    4.38%
    question 10, e
    6.57%

The poll is expired.

If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Despite whether the court has any say in the impeachment proceedings, perhaps they can rule on a case by case basis if the accused should be suspended or not. Again, at least three justices should probably have to agree.

Comment

So everyone else thinks that ticking off the great banana is alright?!
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Oops, I may just have ticked off the Great Banana. The questionair has answers on question 10 for a, b, c, & E. There is no answer E and there isn't a place to answer D. Oh my, what shall people do.....
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I didn't do question 8 or 9. I was thinking perhaps the vice president should take over the duties of any official impeached, and if the vice president is impeached, then the President is on his own. If the vice president and another official are impeached, the president assumes the duties of the impeached official. If the vice prez and president are bothe impeached, well, we should have a chain of command run through the ministers and they step up to power, if they want if need be. This is like in the US if somethng happens to the president and then the vice president, I believe its the secretary of state of steps up, and then if hes gone, its the speaker of the house, and it goes on like this. We should have the same thing, I think.

Kman

I should probably post this on the other thread, huh?
          "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
          - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

for simplicity's sake, I also think it makes sense that the percentage of apopulation vote required to impeach if the court is completely bypassed, should be the same as the percentage they need to reverse a courts desicion. In other words, what ever is finally decided, I think the percentages in questions 6 and 7 should should be conquerent.
            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Wow, there's a slight majority to impeach officials simply for poor decisions.

Impeachment, IMO, should only be for actually breaking the law (or ticking off The Great Banana ). We shouldn't hold our ministers under the threat of impeachment for mistakes. A long period of unannounced absence, perhaps, but not more.

Besides, this would open up a can of worms: if the French sneak attack us next turnchat and we lose cities, for example, was that the fault of the SMC for not defending our own cities well enough? A fluke of the game? How could we really tell? How could we decide whether or not to impeach him? (In this instance, it would definitely be a fluke and not Uber's fault, since the French are generally peaceful, and even on Emperor they shouldn't have the units to pull that off; but other bad turns for our Civ could be more ambiguous.)

Comment

kloreep, check out the thread where this is being discussed. Your points of an official being frivolously impeached are being covered by a sytem we are developing. I'll see if I can get you a link.

EDIT: Here it is:impeachment discussion thread

Comment

Since I still can't vote, I'll post my votes - 6 a 7 a 8 no 9 d 10 all

Comment

Re: Impeachment questionair - voice your opinion part 2

Originally posted by GodKing
                    Question 9
                    If the official is temporarily removed, how should they be temporarily replaced, and if so by what methods?
                    a)No, the position remains vacant. If it is the president, then the VP plays for him.
                    b)Yes, the President assigns to someone
                    c)Yes, the person appoints an assistant
                    d)The game stops until the issue is resolved, so no replacement is necessary
                    The VP should take over for anyone who must be replaced.
                    For your photo needs:
                    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Re: Re: Impeachment questionair - voice your opinion part 2

Originally posted by Sheik

The VP should take over for anyone who must be replaced.
                      This is one of the things were still debating. We could use all the input we can get.

Comment

Working...
                      X