Business proposal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business proposal.

We all are now very aware that I am a business man. And it has come to my attention that there is a new business opportunity here in Apolytonia. Citizens, we need a History department. We have gone too long without a witten record. With the resigning of Tassadar to...greener pastures...and no word from History Guy, we are left with little in the official department.

I have several ideas that could work. First is a topped thread to link to all the old newspapers and a synopsis of each of the main headlines for easy searching.

Second, I could create a similar department like unto the paper, asking for submissions from the public. These, though, would not be news stories, but rather...diary entries that would reflect our own history. Putting EACH of you in the Historian's chair.

Now, should History Guy step up and reclaim his post, I would most glady step aside, or at least make him an offer... However, I am no public servant. Much as Tass found, public service does not put banana's on the table or buy officials. There would need to be some small...compensation...from the government...Say, 10 Banana's/week? I am sure we could come to an arrangement...

This is without a doubt against the CoL, so I suppose I could make it Unofficial...at least till next elections...

What say you, citizens? Shall I procede? And wich would you like?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

I say, go for it. You're probably the most qualified to be keeping tabs on our national history, anyway.

Comment

Before Trip stepped down, he was fighting for a bill that would specifically make the historian job unofficial, and thus anyone could do it. I dont think it passed, we can re-vive it.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

eh, there are enough ammendments. If there is enough interest and I get submssions, I will run next term as whatever I decide to call this business. That will make it nice and legal next time.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I think we should place is under the job of someone else to appoint a historian***. This is just to remind us that it is being done. No voting is required. Let's give the appointing powers to the VP, not like he does anything. *ducks behind 8 ft thick concrete*

*** I preserved this sentence for future study. Let me repeat. I think the job of historian should not be completely official, but someone should still appoint one.

Comment

I love dOx's suggestion about logging diary records as a kind of on-going, revolving, oral history project. And should History Guy reappear or another court historian be appointed, there's no need to fret too much about overlap. All kinds of history records should be gathered, IMO. Perhaps we should reconceptualize the role of the historian -- make him/her as much an archivist as an official chronicler.
            aka, Unique Unit
            Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

If there is not more interest, I will drop the subject. This got burried rather quickly due to the Judges being appointed and such, so I give it one last shot.
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

10 bananas!!!! Ten !!!

That is far to much freind for the job you are proposing.

How about 7 bananas a week. That should be more than sufficient for anyone to live comfortably on.

PS - Go for it. It sounds like a good idea.
                If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

But I must lease a building to store this massive history, pay supporting staff, purchase replacement parchments for old and deteriorated ones...Surely you don't expect me to run this at a loss?
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Eight.

Oh OK OK all ready.

Nine. And that is Final.
                    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

(calling from the street as President Ninot's litter passes by, surrounded by palace guardsmen)
                      Mr. President! Your people wallow in ignorance of their glorious past. They call for history. Heed Unorthodox's suggestion!"
                      (Another voice rings out in the shocked silence
                      "Bananas for Bards"!
                      aka, Unique Unit
                      Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

I think we should make a history of jdjdjd's travels, all of his letters to the Jungle Gazatte.

Comment

They could very well be included, but we would need many more stories from among the people! Make it a grand history, or don't make it at all, I say.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I meant that jdjdjd's letters would be their own history, i.e. we have several history-type things.

Comment

Include all such letters, and encourage many more to be written from all folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X