11.45%
    Clause 7
    14.50%
    Clause 8
    12.98%
    Banana/Abstain/None of them
    1.53%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by civman2000; July 21, 2002, 08:50.

clause 4 is like: you'll go to prison for 500 years but you should be glad it's not life-long
    and what do you mean with clause 6?
    if somebody breaks the rules of apolyton, the admin will ban him without a trial, won't he? is that a case of clause 6? (if you understand what i want to say )
    "Cogito Ergo Sum" - Rene Descartes, French Mathematician

Comment

The rules of Apolyton.net are a higher authority, if you like, than any we come up with. Anything the Mods do we have no impact on. It goes without saying that actions performed on behalf of the site owners are excluded from these rights.

Look at these as rights within the rules of Apolyton.net itself.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

clause 6 is about demogame specific rules.

Looks like this is pretty popular! all are making it so far. Only one i have serious doubts about is #4

Comment

civman, a technical question... (possibly "legal" question)

I don't understand how you're going to determine which clauses pass. 2/3 of what? total votes? but people can vote for more than 1 clause. Right now, it's something like 12 votes for the most popular, but the total is 60+ votes. You'll never get it passed that way.

Example: Say I vote for only 1 out of 8 of them, say the first. But Buddy votes for 8 out of 8. Then the first would have 100%, and every other one 50%... right?

But how do you know whether it's that case or whether 9 people voted, 2 for the first, and everyone else for just 1. In that case, it would be 2/9, and 1/9 for every other one.

I assume you would have to count them all against the total number of voters, not votes cast (which is contrary to how most polls have been done), if you wanted it to be fair because if I vote for only 3 of them, that means I am automatically voting against the other 5.

I'm just not sure how you're going to determine what constitutes 2/3. You may have to ask MarkG to tell you how many voters in total to get this right since that info isn't readily available.
          Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
          Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
          Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
          Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Where is the reject option?

Please don't tell me it's option 9, because you have grouped abstain with that option.

For any vote you need a clear reject option, grouping it with abstain would possibly make this poll invalid.

Comment

I'm not going to vote.

I might be a judge so I want to manipulate something I would have great control over. Looks like this will pass fine anyway though.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse

I might be a judge so I want to manipulate something I would have great control over.
                Hmm, power issues?

Comment

Clause 4 : non permanent must be replaced by a time limit, for instance 100 turns of the game but no more than 275 (which is 50% of the maximum possible number of turns I think).

Clause 5 : I would say '... any legal form of organisation ...'
                  Statistical anomaly.
                  The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Apoc - judges have the right to vote too - that's why I voted

Captain - a good point, but it appears that everyone who votes is approving at least a few of these, so it should be fairly easy to tell how many voters there are.
                    In general, though, we need to be careful with this type of poll.

DAVOUT - what would an illegal organization be like?

Timeline - I'm sure our vote option has been accounted for with your post.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
                        Hmm, power issues?
                        Well I am abstaining in a way to show I'm not trying to make some power grab.
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I really don't think that this poll is valid.

Comment

Sure it is not valid.

Comment

I must vote against 7. Often patches don't get to some places for a looong time. Do we really want to get stuck with 1.17? (not that that is necessarily the case, but it's hypothetical example which may be true)

Also, I think for this poll to become valid you will have to have a 'yes' option and a 'no' option for each clause, where the 'yes' option must beat the 'no' option with 2/3 of the vote for any given clause.
                              "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                              -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Working...
                              X