SMC's Warpath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMC's Warpath

Basic overview, i think the map may speak for itself.

Initial Attack: Archer/Spear stack moves NW 6 times then N twice. this bypasses the river, and there is no defensive terrain immediately surrouding washington, so that grassland is as good as the other 7. for stack defense purposes.

The initial attack is launching the second we get 2 spears and 6 archers. immediately after it leaves, i would like to begin amassing a small refresher army on the moutain again, consisting of 1 spearman and however many archers we can amass.

After Washington is subdued, 1 spearman and all remaining archers but one (one will be left in washington as a garrison / offensive defender) will move SE 4 times, and due E once. This bypasses the river (its hard to see on my map but it's there)

On the THIRD move of the main stack, the refresher stack begins it's movement. the stacks should end up at New York at the same time, allowing the refresher army to do its job, and to make quick work of New York.

this should get us Washington and NY easily. The question is do we want Boston or Philly as our third target?

Philly will get autorazed, Boston wont (im assuming it grows / get the palace).

leaving them with Philly leaves them totally crippled for a long time. leaving them with boston lets them grow a bit more, perhaps stay close in the tech race, and vassalizes them until they get too strong and we crush them.

i'm also makig this a poll so we can see which we should get.

Also note they may build more cities by the time we begin.
    Boston
    61.76%
    Philly
    17.65%
    Bananna / Don't Care
    20.59%

The poll is expired.

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

attaching would be nice wouldnt it?
    Attached Files
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Excelent plan. I am not sure what you want by the vote - which one to take or which one to leave them.

I say leave them philly - we can take it at our leasure sometime in the future. This leaves us access to the unclaimed land to the northwest - although we will still have to race against germany adn greece to get it.
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Boston. It would be a long haul for the troops, but establishing a strong presence as far north as we can throw our power is an urgent imperative.

A fourth option was not listed: sue for peace after taking Washington and NY. Assuming the capital has moved to Boston, I guess we demand Philly (not a great acquisition, but basically free. And one day well down the road, after laborious improvement, a good site.)
        aka, Unique Unit
        Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Uber, this is a difficult decison and I am not 100% either way. For the record I would like to get one of these cities in trade at surrender. They also may have another ciry by then so we can get both, One by attack one by surrender. The northern city opens up incense valley perhaps(and maybe there next city will be there) and this city won't autoraze as you pointed out. The southern city would secure our homeland and is a good point for starting the war with france, so if we attack that one our forces will end up at the staging area. If we autoraze this one I would want a settler ready to build on the nearby grassland. Hard decison, but I go with attacking the north one and hope they have another city and we'll get this in surrender. This would consolidate our land, I hate having narrow thin strips, they are jsut too vulnerable.
          Aggie
          The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Send our troops to Boston. If they only have Philadelphia remaining, they'll be too weak to do anything again.

Comment

Or sue for peace and obtain philly after taking NY, then move the stacks towards France...Boston can be dealt with in due time. Leaving them Boston will also let them get a few settlers out, and therefore more towns, for the next phase. (I know, you want them destroyed, but I am still advocating pruning)

Where are the American workers? They should be secondary targets if not near NY anymore.
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

The poll is which one to take, sorry for any confusion!

Comment

Originally posted by Robber Baron
                  Boston. It would be a long haul for the troops, but establishing a strong presence as far north as we can throw our power is an urgent imperative.

A fourth option was not listed: sue for peace after taking Washington and NY. Assuming the capital has moved to Boston, I guess we demand Philly (not a great acquisition, but basically free. And one day well down the road, after laborious improvement, a good site.)
                  i disagree. while i'm not the IE minister, i'd say Philly is in a HORRIBLE spot.

not only for geographic concerns, but for fitting into any cityplan we could draw up in this jungle.

Comment

Did you provide time for healing in Washington ?
                    Statistical anomaly.
                    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT
                      Did you provide time for healing in Washington ?
                      the stack wouldnt move until all are healed. it's more time for archers for the refresher stack anyway

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

i disagree. while i'm not the IE minister, i'd say Philly is in a HORRIBLE spot.

not only for geographic concerns, but for fitting into any cityplan we could draw up in this jungle.
                        I APPEARS a horrible spot, but I am willing to bet it has gunpowder, knowing that the AI can see it already...
                        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

I APPEARS a horrible spot, but I am willing to bet it has gunpowder, knowing that the AI can see it already...
                          gunpowder on jungle?

maybe u mean rubber?

Comment

Sorry, yeah, I was confused on the names there for a sec. Thought you were talking boston...but rubber is likely, there is no logic to the placement...
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

ADDITONAL COMMENT:
                              If we leave them with Boston, they could expand unchecked to the north (near Fragrant Valley and the Ivory Coast). Whereas Philly is much closer to home, and we could keep them under control more easily. Plus, we should probably have Boston if we plan on making Washington the capitol city of the new empire (unless we're building FP near Fragrant Valley - but that's another thread).

Comment

Working...
                              X