Naming thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naming thread

Again, I'm going to name some of the new territory we've found . First, I'd like to call the sea to the east of Germany either Inland Sea or Cliffend Sea. The plains on the southwestern part of our continent should be the Great Plains. The jungle southwest of Greece could be the Banana Jungle. I'd like to call the very northernmost forested area the Spice Forest. Finally, I'd like to name the island east of Greece Sky Isle.

EDIT: Also, the southernmost forest should be Drunkard's Wood.

&ltWEST----------------EAST&gt

Finally, I'd like to name the island east of Greece Sky Isle.
    Last edited by Epistax; July 18, 2002, 21:21.

Comment

I would delete this but it wont let me

Comment

I favour Fragrant Valley over Incense Valley.

Inland Sea is fine, but Teutonic Sea would be good too.

Great Plains or the Great Expanse.

I propose the name "Yetmore Jungle" instead.

Spice Forest okay, but awkward. How about Cilantro Wood or Oregano Forest? I dunno, a specific spice might be better than just "spice".

Instead of Drunkard's Wood, what about Thieves Forest, or Darkwood.
        Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
        Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
        Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
        Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

If it turns out to be a new continent west of Greece, we should call it "Dresaria".
          BTW, do we even have an official name for our continent yet? Tripia, as Spiffor (or Ninot) suggested, or Tripparia.

Comment

How about Northern Wastelands for the Tundra in the north?

How about the Forbidden Plateau for the plateau around the Incence Valley?

How the Barrenlands for the Iroquois desert and coastal plains?

Comment

(Warning: This is a shameless repeat of a suggestion I made earlier.)

For the continent: Abananaba!!!
              aka, Unique Unit
              Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Originally posted by Captain
                I propose the name "Yetmore Jungle" instead.
                I like it!
                aka, Unique Unit

Comment

I want to name one Woodstock (It has to be in a forest tho!).
                  be free

Comment

Maybe we need to appoint a Court Geographer, to sort all this stuff out.
                    (NOT someone who would have naming prerogative, mind you -- just someone to designate popular consensus decisions.)
                    (And no, I'm definitely not applying for this one. Too much flack, too much stress!)
                    aka, Unique Unit

Comment

I would love that job. I will do it unofficially or officially, as others want.

Credentials:
                      I proposed these names, which mostly stuck...or that look like they are going to.
                      1. Dragon's Teeth
                      2.Monkey Mountains (Okay, it didn't stick, but it might!!)
                      3. And my best accomplishment, Uncle Uber! Yep, I was the first to use that name, to my knowledge. And that was when it began to stick. :P
                      ~THE DARK LORD APOLON

Comment

I have drawn a map (actually, I wasted my time since Epistax did the same on his side ), with all uncontested names I'm aware of.

Some major landmarks still are forgotten :
                        - the name of the Continent (does anybody disagree naming it after Trip ? )
                        - the name of the Eastern Ocean, which borders Apolytonia
                        - the name of the western Ocean, which borders Greece and Iroquois.

Back in old days, I suggested "Sky Ocean" (nothing to do with skywalker), and Vlad suggested "Arcadian Ocean". Since Arcadia is a region of Greece, I say "Arcadian Ocean" is best fit for the west Ocean. I still think "Sky Ocean" would be good for our eastern ocean.

Also, we have no names for the gulf between Apolytonia and Russia. I suggest "Crescent Gulf", because of its shape. Any thoughts ?

EDIT : btw, I support Captain's ideas : Fragant Valley is definitely better than Incense Valley (simply more poetic, it looks more like a real name). Oregano Jungle is also better. But I prefer skywalker's Banana Jungle over Yetmore Jungle : after all, we have to name something after the almighty banana.
                        Last edited by Spiffor; July 19, 2002, 05:22.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I looked over the map and made a few names (actualy alot). Some probably suck but mabee there's a good one or two. Also, I like the name Abananaba for our continent, and Tuetonic Lake or Sea for the big lake between Germany and England, and Yetmore Jungle.

Allegheny Desert - For the worthless Iriquois land.

Great Plains - For the southernmost part of our continent.

Abananaba Major - The main part of our continent with Us, America, France, Greece, Aztecs, etc...

Abananaba Minor - The smaller part of our continent with Rome, Iriquois, Babylon, and Russia.

Aegean Channel - Channel of water seperating Abananaba with the newly discovered continent.

Great Rift Valley - France and Greece's homeland. Not very creative, but its logical.

Tacolands - Aztec homeland.

Cantebary Mountains - Mountain's around this English city.

Tripoliptic Ocean - Ocean south of Abananaba, named after our first president.

Alcoholic Hills - Hills with abundance of wine in Roman territy in Abananaba Minor. Has a ring to it I think .

Bananabis Forest - For the forest with the special spices and "herbs" if you get what a mean (check out PlagueRat's "Jungle Scream" on Bananabis sativia ).

Coventry Mountains - Once again, mountains by named city.
                          Last edited by GoodFella; July 19, 2002, 02:03.
                          If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

Comment

Come to think of it, the Greek land also belongs to the Great Rift valley, doesn't it ?

(and I love Tripoliptic Ocean At last someone came up with a good idea with such an awkward name )
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Sometimes I even impress myself .

I have to say the name I hope catches on the most though is Alcohholic Hills .
                              If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

Comment

Working...
                              X