Aztecs will be a world power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aztecs will be a world power

The Aztecs have got a huge expanse of grassland with some hills running through it and some trees in the north. And they have no one really close to them. They will be our greatest challenge. The Russians, Romans, Persians, and English have also found themselves in fertile areas. Only the Iroquois have close to as bad a starting spot as ours.

Yeah, that was my reaction, too. Not only do the Aztecs have a sweet starting spot, but no other cive is pressing on them. Knowing their proclivities for aggression and expansion, they should carve out a big piece of the pie. England shouldn't be much of a problem for them. Maybe we can somehow direct German expansion up north. In any event, this makes me think twice about taking on Germany soon. We want a strong bulwark in that direction, to brake the Aztecs.
    aka, Unique Unit
    Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

The aztecs have three wines, SIX spices, a horse and an iron square which they can easily expand to, plus some ivory far off. They are ready for anything. The germans are very deprived as for as resources go: One iron, one horse, one wine.

Comment

The Germans will slow them down. By then we will be able to build our army up enough that we defeat them.

Comment

Aztecs can wipe us with production bonuses, but hopefully we won't be in conflict with them for a while and we can build ourselves up. By the time we do fight, their UU will be as useless as ours, so we're almost even. AI production bonuses and good land versus our intellect and hopefully good former French-American lands to boost us.

I'm concerned about those Persian immortals. Far away, but we don't have anything for quite some time that would be anywhere near capable of stopping them.

The Greeks we can block in, we may not be able to invade them with those hoplites defending, but we can wall them off.

The Aztecs might not be able to capture our cities with JWs but they can still use them to cut our roads to pieces and wreck our improvements. Worse thing would be for them to cut our resources - strategic and luxury (since we need lux to keep our cities productive and out of disorder)
          Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
          Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
          Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
          Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

[SIZE=1] I'm concerned about those Persian immortals. Far away, but we don't have anything for quite some time that would be anywhere near capable of stopping them.
            Plus, they'd come through the jungle. If our most potent weapon for awhile is horsemen, it will be hard to take advantage of superior speed and mobility.
            aka, Unique Unit

Comment

I second the notion that the Aztecs will be one of the super powers. They may not have saltpeter, but I can't help but know they're going to get oil, probably two of them. And the fact they have room to expand, they'll be able to protect their land very well during the mid-part of the game.

I just hope that war with America is the right decision. It looks risky now that we can see the map better. I can't tell if the war will slow us down or speed us up, but either way the jungle is doing more than enough to slow us down.

We may need to make some serious decisions later in order to become a power, and we may have to exaggerate ourselves just to get some light in all of this.
              be free

Comment

Re: Aztecs will be a world power

Originally posted by Akron
                Only the Iroquois have close to as bad a starting spot as ours.
                Reports from the Iroquois nation indicate they have chosen an anthem:
                [sings] "I been through the desert on a horse with no name...."
                aka, Unique Unit

Comment

Re: Re: Aztecs will be a world power

Originally posted by Robber Baron

Reports from the Iroquois nation indicate they have chosen an anthem:
                  [sings] "I been through the desert on a horse with no name...."
                  Lol
                  Other reports indicate that they took one look at their starting location and restarted.
                  Are we having fun yet?

Comment

give the horse a name already... geez, it's been what, 30 years or so already.

Ya, we got the short end of the stick alright. Take out america, box in germany to let them take the brunt of the aztec, then build up to take our land to the south of us that is temporarily occupied by the french and greek.

By that time the jungle should be cleared and we can make our initial cities productive (even if they aren't our capitol anymore - they will still be usefull).
                    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Working...
                    X