Presidents report for 1400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and?

sorry, but its not like it was something THAT precious. England had the best map i believe, and anyone woulda gotten that eventually. Its best we got the gold for it, so we can buy more techs if need be.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Kaptain KruX! Did those basta... er ... friendly nice, all powerful mods make you change your avatar? I am deeply saddened by this - no matter the reason...

Kman

EDIT: trading maps was a good idea, now we know what kind of a predicament we're in. We needed a good idea of our relative position in order to well plan our long term decisions. What are the odds that we start off in the worst place. I mean, out of, what, potentially 16 starting spots? But the map allows us to plan our our way to the rop - biting, scrathing, pinching, and taking groin shots every step of the way. Its the only way.
      "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
      - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
      Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman
        Kaptain KruX! Did those basta... er ... friendly nice, all powerful mods make you change your avatar? I am deeply saddened by this - no matter the reason...

Kman

EDIT: trading maps was a good idea, now we know what kind of a predicament we're in. We needed a good idea of our relative position in order to well plan our long term decisions. What are the odds that we start off in the worst place. I mean, out of, what, potentially 16 starting spots? But the map allows us to plan our our way to the rop - biting, scrathing, pinching, and taking groin shots every step of the way. Its the only way.
        i knew the prediciment from turn 1. now i just know to what degree we got f*cked.

question, where is the incense valley?
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Hey, Uber. Did you notice that the maps we obtained did not reveal any area in the ocean near apolyton? That means that there is a very good chance we have some unoccupied land near us.
          2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
          Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

I wouldn't get too optimistic, since all it really reveals is that it is in no way connected to our conitnent and no one has boats yet. Keep in mind there are still four civs that are not yet accounted for.
            If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

Comment

Fragant Valley is NW of Boston, when you follow the river. It's a bunch of hills surrounded by mountains.

(I definitely prefer Fragant Valley as a name)
              Attached Files
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I second using Fragrant Valley as its name.
                If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

Comment

Ah, thats where I want to go, fragrant valley (spiffor, that is close to the pic I have and want to show, though mine is zoomed out). If I were playing this game alone, myself, my basic startegy would be to swiftly conquer the Americans and move NW towards flagrant valley and the grasslands (and some iron) to its west and a ton of gold to its north. I would 'abandon' my crappy starting location and move in these directions quickly, siezing them with mass produced settlers before other civs could. But all this mind you, after I conquered the Americans with many a archer. One of the suckiest things about are starting location is that the jungle all but negates our UU, the war chariot, because it can't pass through it without roads. What are the odds?

Kman

I think in the last 3 games I've played, I've always ended up conquering America first...strange. I wonder if that means something?
                  Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Has our Military Commander any plans of conquering any nation yet ?
                    ;)

Comment

Originally posted by jn_kz
                      Has our Military Commander any plans of conquering any nation yet ?
                      I'm assuming you're new, so i'll be nice and not flame

we're gearing up for an attack on America, to cripple but not destroy them.
                      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

We may need settlers to close the gaps of autorazed cities, after the war we can build in the valley to get hold of the incencse and the iron, however this city will be completely corrupt, maybe if the FP is built later on, it could become a productive city later on in the game.
                        A citizen of the first Civ 3 democracy game
                        A member of the Apolytonia War Academy

Comment

I'm wondering why all this people has placed their cities so close to us, in the middle of the jungle. I don't know much about AI strategies, but seems to me they are trying to soffocate us. I mean, the iron and the horses are in another direction. So, what is Philadelphia doing in THAT place? It's an annoying place to found a city. If I'm not wrong, Philadelphia were expected in the plains NW Washington. With horses and iron. Maybe the AI have some plans to us...
                          Philadelphia seems an obstacle, it's exactly in our way to the capitol.
                          Am I a paranoid? Of course!
                          Rheims is the same thing. Jean have space to expand in SW, crossing the mountains. But no, she's coming in our direction...
                          Please, Commander Uber, don't be mad with me! I'm just a conscript!
                          Attached Files
                          RIAA sucks
                          The Optimistas
                          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

I'm assuming you're new, so i'll be nice and not flame

we're gearing up for an attack on America, to cripple but not destroy them.
                            What!? Why not!? We should conquer them now and fully assimilate them into our civ. Unless there is something that Im missing, we should just take care of'em while we're at it so we needn't worry about them later. I would think our Supreme military commander to be a bit more ambitious! But then again, your the boss...

Kman

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
                              I'm wondering why all this people has placed their cities so close to us, in the middle of the jungle. I don't know much about AI strategies, but seems to me they are trying to soffocate us. I mean, the iron and the horses are in another direction. So, what is Philadelphia doing in THAT place? It's an annoying place to found a city. If I'm not wrong, Philadelphia were expected in the plains NW Washington. With horses and iron. Maybe the AI have some plans to us...
                              Philadelphia seems an obstacle, it's exactly in our way to the capitol.
                              Am I a paranoid? Of course!
                              Rheims is the same thing. Jean have space to expand in SW, crossing the mountains. But no, she's coming in our direction...
                              Please, Commander Uber, don't be mad with me! I'm just a conscript!
                              In my experience I've found that the AI tries to cut off my expansion. So if I start on a peninsula, they'll try and bar me on that peninsula at all costs. I have seen this many time cause my I love to play rome on a world map and the Russians always try to keep me from expanding out of Europe (I usually conquer France and Germany early on, like what we're trying to do now wth America). They have all of Freakin siberia to expand to byt always push into Europe, everytime, as far as they can before expanding into Scandinavia and then Siberia once thats filled. This works out in their favor first by weakening their neighbor and potential enemy (because their kept small), and if there aren't any other nearby civs, allows them full reign of the territory beyond, cause it sure is hard trying to pass settlers through another civs territory without having to recall them or face war. It is a good tactic and I use it alot myself. When Im Rome I usually try hard to cut greece off and keep them isolated until I can build something to defeat their hoplites (even after they get galleys, I clog up the straight of Gibralter with my own and colonize north Africa, so they get stuck).
                              That is my analysis from my experience.

Kman

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
                                I'm wondering why all this people has placed their cities so close to us, in the middle of the jungle. I don't know much about AI
                                exactly. i could actually see the french building another city somewhere close to us before they expand south.

AIs usually ecpand towars the human player.

Comment

Working...
                                X