Democracy game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democracy game

Ok, I have been reading about the Democracy game, and I have no idea as to what it even is. Could someone send me an e-mail to bring me up to date on what exactly is going on? Thanks, My E-mail is hruquet@speakeasy.net

OK, I'll email you

BTW, I think making a DemoGame Tutorial for Markos to write in the welcome thread, what do you all think ?
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Damn good idea Spiffor. I could realy use something like that
      Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Here's the tutorial :

What is a Democracy game ? This question is perfectly legitimate, and I needed some time to figure it out.

In the Democracy Game (DG), the whole community plays the same game, and the same Civ. Many people decide commonly what we should do next. Nobody has the same absolute power as a player has when playing Civ3 alone.
        This is called "Democracy" game because we all participate, and we all give input on how we want the game to be played. For example, nobody has the power to declare war to America, it needs a vote. If a majority of citizens want war with America, than war is declared.

Technically, this is a single player game. Only one player gets to play the game physically : the President (elected every month). Everyone can access his save. Nobody can "play ahead" on this save, meaning acting before the president actually does it on his own computer.
        But the President has to obey the ministers (also elected every month) who give precise orders each turn. Each minister is specialized in a specific field : war, science, economy, workers, city planning, diplomacy.
        The ministers often consult the people via polls on what policy they should promote. When they poll the people, ministers have to follow the poll, or risk losing all credibility.
        The people can also express their views whenever they want. We are currently following a strategy thouroughly reflected by a normal citizen.

A DG is a game, and thus it has rules. These rules are called the "constitution". The constitution can be mdified by a 2/3 vote whenever an amendment is felt needed. To enforce these rules and punish cheaters, we are making up a judicial system (currently voted on)

In a Democracy,you can't hinder people who think the same to unite. That's why we have parties : the Democratic Industrialists of Apolyton (DIA) and the United Front Coalition (UFC). DIA is more oriented towards builder strategies, and UFC is more oriented towards warmongering, but both parties are pretty moderate. We have no longlasting third party.

If you want to participate, just vote in polls and express your views in the forum whenever you think it's good. Also, you can officially join the DG by saying "I want to join" here : http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=52372
        Last edited by Spiffor; July 15, 2002, 20:00.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

That's a better explanation than I could give.

Comment

Cool,

I added my "I want to Join" jammy on the other page.

Comment

Good. It would get really cluttered if everyone who wanted to join posted a thread about it.

Comment

Working...
              X