Clear All

• Special Edition: The Jungle Scream.

~The Jungle Scream~
    - Another underground magazine from the Jungle Voice Press

Below Apolytonia

Scream #1:
    - by JVP-reporter Dr.Plaguerat, Rittmeister of Rituals

The new deal.

During our recent alcohol shortages in Apolytonia, dr.Plaguerat and some other Guildmen have had an exhausting week distilling whiskey for ritual purposes. The Thinkers Guild initiation ritual earlier required extensive alcoholic consumption, but this has become mandatory only for The Drunken Philosophers Subguild.
    Without this good old brew, we cannot arrange our weekly "Existensialistic lazynights" and our more common "Loudthinking citywalks".

A rather controversial solution to this problem has been found in the deep Notylopian jungle. The hangover will eventually end...
    The initiation procedure may now be altered to involve the inhalation of a weed called Banannabis Sativa.
    Rumors have it to be a popular idea amongst our younger Thinkers. Assuming many new people might be willing to join the Guild now, we welcome them also!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The old Habit

A thin elderly Notylopian tribesman, called Banannabiscus Vulgaris,
    claimed on his 38th. year of experimenting with this substance, a psychosocial magical ability of getting people to laugh involunteerly.
    This ability was occasionally used by his tribe against ravaging American warriors, who entered a collective trance of happiness and laughter, staggering northwards towards their homelands. We have to bear this in mind, during our research of psychobiological warfare.

- The Vulgaris plantation.

- The Vulgaris tribe.

Legalise or critisise?

Another issue brought to me by my solicitor, is the Apolytonian legislation on this weed and its potential uses...
    This seems unclear at the moment. (he didn't find a word about it) He did not expect our High Court to treat such cases either.
    The Guild has however accepted cultivation of this plant, and dr.Plaguerat has already collected four sacks of Banannabis seeds, during his expedition through Central-Notylopia .
    There will also be planted some large symmetrical hedges of this weed along our place entrance, in the near future.
    We hope the President and his accomplices will enjoy the new palace enhancement, and let the hedges grow high...
    The Thinkers Guild thank you for your cooperation in executing this task.

- Dr.PlagueRat, Ready to join the High Court. (IRL: We do not know who this is.)

NB: Sorry, ain't got a scream #2 yet... or #3. Can someone help?[
    Last edited by ThePlagueRat; July 18, 2002, 15:46.
    My words are backed with hard coconuts.

That's good.

Comment

Hey, great article.

Here's your scream #2:
      sudden loud thought by the Dr. himself during one of our rare existensialistic lazynights, causing many, including me, to believe that the event had been changed to a loudthinking citywalk
      YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
      Haven't thought of a good scream #3 yet. Would "AAAAAAAAARG!" work?

BTW, that's some great Banannabis you've seeded there, Dr.
      I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

I'm looking forward to the future issues. And I thought getting high by smoking banana peels was a myth...
        If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodFella
          I'm looking forward to the future issues. And I thought getting high by smoking banana peels was a myth...
          Can you believe? Some youngsters actually smoke that peel****...

Ok, maybe I'll come up with something new during the weekend? Next issue: Bannanabis makes your Thinkerbox free?
          My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Working...
          X