So who wants to be a Justice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who wants to be a Justice?

Just having got back from a few days away, it's taken a while to catch up...

I'm still not completely up to date, but I see we're on our way towards implementing something... even if we're not 100% on exactly what that is.

I notice that a number of people have expressed interest in being a judge/justice.

Simply out of curiosity, who is interested in being a Justice/Judge (at this time)?

Note that we don't have full agreement on all the mechanics of the system but I think we have consensus that the primary function of the Justices will be to determine legality of polls/repolls and Constitutional matters. Judges *may* have the power to dismiss scurrilous impeachment charges before the public votes on it, but likely won't have the power to indict on impeachment charges alone.

---
    This is totally unofficial and has no bearing on appointments or elections so no need to explain or campaign. I'm just curious and want to get an idea of how much these positions appeal to folks here.

---

List:
    only those who explicitly stated they were interested were listed, not just everyone who posted. hope i didn't miss anyone

LordImpact
    MrWIA
    Togas
    Trip
    Epistax
    Robber Baron (self-removed)
    jdjdjd
    UnOrthodOx (self-removed)
    Thud
    Skywalker
    Nimitz
    civman2000 (currently ineligible since he is a minister)
    Micaelus
    kring
    Puupertti Ruma
    Moral Hazard
    Sheik
    ThePlagueRat
    Aggie
    GodKing
    Kramerman
    Apocalypse
    Decimus
    Guardian
    ManicStarSeed
    Gepap
    Jonny
    Libertarian2004
    Luk
    trevor

me (Captain)
    ---
    Last edited by Captain; July 22, 2002, 19:23.
    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

I would like to be one

Comment

Certainly.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Given my background and occupation, it'd be irrespondible for me not to include myself as a candidate for the judiciary.

I'm in.

--Togas
        Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
        Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
        Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
        Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Pick me pick me!!!!

Comment

I don't know if I could be a judge AND an ambassador-- but a justice seems to have far more job security.
            I've always looked up to the Supreme Court as the most trustworthy part of the government as an independent body.

Comment

I'd throw myself into the mix here, too, if I got the chance.
              aka, Unique Unit
              Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

I've hinted at, and advised others directly that I would take such a position. The court needs to be independent, and I am not affiliated with either party.

Thank you, and Good Night Apolyton.

Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

It depends on just how much time I have, and how much the paper takes, but for now, consider me as well.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I swear that i have never formed an opinion in my life, and would be completely unbiased if elected!
                    "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                    Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

I would like to.

Comment

I would be interested.
                        Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
                        Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
                        President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

me if i lose my election

Comment

I'm interested in getting more involved (already) and a Justice sounds dandy.
                            A proud citizen of the Civilization III Democracy Game.
                            A proud member of the Imperialist Party of the United Front Coalition.
                            "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today; let us move forward in strong and active faith." - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Comment

I am also interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X