July 12th Turnchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 12th Turnchat

For lack of a site at the moment (I'm waiting on Dan ), I'm going to post my report here.

Basically, we explored, began preparing for war, and made a lot of useful trades. We played 5 turns, and got to 1725 BC.

Turnchat July 12th 2002, 2200 GMT - 2330 GMT

End of turn 48, 1870 BC
    Changed Poly to work on whale tile
    Changed Banana HQ to work on coast tile

Turn 49, 1830 BC
    Warrior near Germany moves N
    Warrior in jungle moves S
    Warrior near Persia moves SE
    Worker near Banana HQ begins building mine
    Worker near Termina moves SE, E, N to begin clearing tile near 'Blue City'
    We traded with France for contact with Russia for 20 Gold, Babylon for 20 gold, Aztecs for 20 gold and Rome for 1 GPT and 6 Gold.

Turn 50, 1790 BC
    Warrior near Germany moves NW
    Warrior in jungle moves SE
    Worker near Apolyton begins clearing jungle
    We trade contact with Russia, Babylon, Iroquois and Rome, 2 GPT and 17 Gold, to England for Writing
    We trade contact with Russia, Babylon, Iroquois and Rome to Persia for 62 Gold
    We trade contact with Russia, Babylon, Iroquois and Rome to the Aztecs for 48 Gold
    We trade Writing to Babylon for 40 Gold

Turn 51, 1750 BC
    Veteran Spearman produced and fortifies in Apolyton Production changed to Archer
    Warrior near Germany moves W
    Warrior in jungle moves E
    Warrior near Persia moves S

Turn 52, 1725 BC
    Warrior in jungle moves NE
    Warrior near Germany moves NW
    Worker by HQ begins building road tile
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jon Shafer; July 12, 2002, 18:29.

the turns are numbered wrong my friend.

48, 49, 48... no biggie.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Ah well. I was trying to figure out what turn # we were on, since Linney didn't keep track, so I had to change some things, and I didn't check first. Fixed.

Comment

I kept complete track of all turns.......See my government reports thread for details.

Besides, you played the last turnchat, not me.

Comment

I am an active citizen and I want to know on which nation are you planning to declare war.

Comment

America.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
              America.
              that has yet to be decided, but it is who i'd vote for.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

made a lot of useful trades.
                Why thank you Trip. I thought taking up the majority of a turnchat for my own purposes would get us somewhere.

Now we are technologically adept! Not behind a sole, and we have some more cash to boot!
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

Why thank you Trip. I thought taking up the majority of a turnchat for my own purposes would get us somewhere.

Now we are technologically adept! Not behind a sole, and we have some more cash to boot!
                  you can say that again, some of those trades took 30+ mins!

quite useful though

Comment

well, considering the turnchat lasted only roughly 100 minutes, and most of the trades came in clumps, its not like we took HOURS
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

Forgive me, I have to compliment good work. I won't do it again, I promise.

Comment

ARRRRRgggggh! I save it as civ3demogame1725.sav as a savdocument and when I go to load it it says
                        "NOT A VALID SAVE FILE"
                        C:/program files/Infogrames Interactive/Civilisation 3/saves/civ3demogame1725sav..sav
                        However even if I do not put in the .sav at the end of the name, it still says.....civ3demogame1725..sav.

Comment

No idea what is happening Butch. I had no problem downloading and running it. The only thing I did different was that when asked whether to load or save I changed the name a little bit (demogame 1725 bc.save) because I want to have all the files to line up nicely. But that should not make a difference.

Go into the saves directory and rename the file, eliminating one of the two dots just before sav. That should do it. If not, I have no clue what happens on your comp.
                          Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Sounds like a Civ3 version thingy... you need v1.21 (IIRC) - the latest patch version - to play the save. You can find it right here on Apolyton (shameless plug - and I don't even work here! )

I'll just go find the link.

EDIT: Here 'tis

http://apolyton.net/civ3/files/patches/civ3v121f.exe
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                            X