No announcement yet.

Debate: What do we want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's a question of scale - on a small scale, every little thing can and should be voted on. However, once our empire is much larger, descisions will have to be made on a larger scale, as the smaller details are at that point much less important. (although still important, which is why the president must be good at playing Civ, but I don't think someone who isn't would run for president, so that's not a problem).
    Lycastus, proud citizen of the Civ III Democracy Game, member of the Democratic Industrialists of Apolyton, and eater of many bananas.

Comment

hmm well actually things wont change much

1) As far as I've seen, we haven't have any discussions on the specific movement of any given piece, but the actions generally.

2) We will always have discussions as to what any given city should be building-- even when we have lots and lots of cities. This comes from different views of how to grow an empire and differences in peace/war time units among players.

3) These cases and plans we look at wont change much from their current form, and we could even stick a Yay or Nay to each one.

Pretty simple what I am saying is I don't see the think that will be changed, upon closer inspection. It's just not there.

All in all it'll be alright.

Comment

I like the fact that the people get to voice their opinion of actions. I would like to see this done as long as possible, but it should stop when it starts to hinder progress. I have a feeling proposals are going to get more and more general in nature. For instance: Instead of saying "I want this unit to explore north west of our city into the jungle", the proposals will just become "I want this unit to explore". And that's ok. As long as we can get some sense of whats going on, I'll be happy.

--Impact

Comment

In the future we will have to construct a systm in which the cabinet is given wide latitude in their actions during turchats to make the desicions they think are best while then making them more open to accountability by voters if the citizens feel they screwed up royally. We may have to move to more representative dem. from direct dem.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Sometimes ministers can't make it to the turnchats, however. I know I can't always make it. Should office be restricted to those who happen to live in a time zone that coordinates well with when turnchats are? What if turnchats occur at 3am where you live? You can't be a minister then? To me, the answer is to have deputies or chat reps to represent a minister when s/he is absent. I would personally be happy to have one, if anyone is interested.
            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
              That's it, I'm not predicting armageddon.
              *Sigh*
              You saw what you wanted
              You took what you saw
              We know how you did it
              Your method equals wipe out

Comment

during periods of anarchy can we randomly slay ministers?

Comment

theres nothing like a good old fashioned purge

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
                    Sometimes ministers can't make it to the turnchats, however. I know I can't always make it. Should office be restricted to those who happen to live in a time zone that coordinates well with when turnchats are? What if turnchats occur at 3am where you live? You can't be a minister then? To me, the answer is to have deputies or chat reps to represent a minister when s/he is absent. I would personally be happy to have one, if anyone is interested.
                    hi ,

if they cant make it , let their number two from the office play , ....

more turns
                    or , ....

no more import of banana's , you can take that to the bank

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
                      To me, the answer is to have deputies or chat reps to represent a minister when s/he is absent. I would personally be happy to have one, if anyone is interested.
                      Hey! Don´t steal my stuff :

Originally posted by Fatwreck
                      and if for some reason they can´t then they should have a stand-in
                      You saw what you wanted
                      You took what you saw
                      We know how you did it
                      Your method equals wipe out

Comment

Working...
                      X