Official: Military Commanders Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: Military Commanders Amendment

If you agree that this should become a part of the Constitution, please vote yes.

The War Minister may, when he feels it necessary, appoint "Military Commanders" or "Generals", the name being, for the moment, unimportant, who will focus on a specific region or specialty and advise him on matters pertaining to that region or specialty. The Military Commander may post polls in the War Minister's name. There may be any number of Military Commanders. The Military Commander post(s) will each cease to exist as they become unnecessary. A Military Commander may be removed from his post under three circumstances: the President feels it necessary, due to poor conduct or any other reason, the War Minister feels it is necessary, due to poor conduct or any other reason, or a Citizen has posted a poll in which there has been a two-thirds majority vote for the removal of the Military Commander. This Amendment will not take affect until it has been ratified by a two-thirds majority vote.

OK, there are several reasons this is a good amendment:

1) It can make life easier for the War Minister
    2) It can give people experiance in government
    3) It can actually help us focus on important things when needed

Please note that this is not a permanent post, nor even a single post. This is simply the ability of the War Minister to get an aide (unless it's Vlad's aide ).
    Yes
    53.33%
    No
    46.67%

The poll is expired.

No, and I don't see how this poll is official.

Comment

It is official because it follows the poll guidelines that have been established for some time.

Comment

Hmm

Is this in any way related too, based upon or ripped off from the below?

Posted: 02-07-2002 20:54

"...but we'd need Marshals for Divisions of the army if it got large. I'm used to having small forces, and it could get tedious submitting orders for the entire force!"

It does sound remarkably similar...

:0
        Petrov Kirovich, no-one special in the Redfront Democracy Game.

Comment

I've been plugging this idea since the start of the game.

Comment

Good, good

Great minds think alike eh? It was your idea first then please forgive me, but you posting it the day after I posted my vauger, sketchy idea up was a bit suspicious. Otherwise, I totally support this move and have voted Yes.

Comment

Thank you for your vote. We will need this later.

Comment

Yes

Yes we will, though we'll have to make sure they are obiedient to the orders of the hierarchy (I'd expect the President to follow their orders by the book, for added realism) it would be a bad situation if a General refused to move his troops onto an assualt.

Comment

The General doesn't have total control. He tells the War Minister what the polls say, and the War Minister tells the President.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                    It is official because it follows the poll guidelines that have been established for some time.
                    And these guidelines, were they established democratic and also meditated upon? Or just by coincidence?
                    My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

The Guidelines were voted on.

Comment

We just need a general amendmant that allows for ALL Ministers to appoint aids AS THEY SEE FIT. Why break it down into seperate divisions. Give the power over this to the Ministers, and make some guidelines for how to inform/make official/whatever these aids to the general public.
                        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Only some Ministers really need aides. We don't want too much bureaucracy, though we will need some.

Comment

Why not leave that up to the Minister? If real life steps in, someone may need an aid for a time when otherwise they wouldn't.

I am in no position to say who needs an aid and who does not, I am not the Minister, I am not doing their work. Let THEM decide what THEY need, do not place restrictions in the 'law'.
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Well, we don't want the "aides" completely taking over the ministers' jobs. There's a reason why we elect the Ministers, as opposed to having the President appoint them.

Comment

Working...
                              X