July 1 Turnchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 1 Turnchat

Well. Trip couldn't load the game, so Timeline stood in for a few turns (2).

The brief bit is that the Greeks were discovered (or one of their warriors) north of the French.

Apolyton went into civil disorder when it grew to 3. Some discussion revolved around putting 1 pop to scientist and setting research to 0.

However, if the ministers so choose, they could put luxuries to 10%. Put the 3rd pop on a forest, and the lost turn of producing the settler is made up.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

The Greeks, eh? Well, sir, the warrior is to be congratulated and given a loaf of food or something. Anyway, I gather that these, Greeks as you call them, were seen, but not heard?

Whoops...got to go...the Apolytonian rioters have reached my noble home...
    Empire growing,
    Pleasures flowing,
    Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Thank you for the update nye. I had to work so I couldn't attend. I don't think my boss would appreciate me chatting on company time.

Comment

Thanks for the info. So Apolyton went into civil disorder? That's bad. Why were we not able to prevent this?

Comment

Why were we not expecting it? would be my question. It seems we were expecting that to happen when a city went to size 3, but someone wasn't paying attention to growth rate?

Comment

Actually, Apolyton never went into civil disorder.
            I annouced this wrongly, as I was playing along (and Timeline asked me to inform people on the chat). Timeline, in the official game, actually avoided Civil Disorder, by changing one citizen into entertainer (I wasn't aware of this at this time).
            Apolyton got to size 3 smoothly.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

hi ,

, maybe a temple should be build , ...

anyone talked about that , ....

NYE , what are your views , concerning these new developments , ....

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

That is good. I thought we were expecting that to happen and had a plan in place to prevent it. I am glad we implemented it timely.

Comment

Originally posted by kring
                  Why were we not expecting it? would be my question. It seems we were expecting that to happen when a city went to size 3, but someone wasn't paying attention to growth rate?

Someone also voted pro Emperor level, before we started.
                  They are the majority, and they have to be ready and feel responsible for all future penalties. Hey, I feel no such responsibliliy!
                  My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Okay,

Yes Spiffor is correct, there was never civil disorder, I changed one citizen into an entertainer at the beggining of the turn.

Here is my report:

We found the Greeks in 2550. They are cautious and only have one technology that we don't, the Alphabet. No lucrative trades were possible with any other nation during the 2 turns we played.

Everything went pretty smoothly, and we continued to explore in all three directions. To the east, we found more jungle. To the west, more mountains. And to the north, you guessed it, desert.

At least no one can say we are wussies or had it easy .

Turn Log:
                    Turn 29 2590
                    Citizen in Banana HQ begins working sea tile rather than grassland

Turn 30, 2550 BC
                    Warrior 2 moves northwest, discovers Greek warrior
                    Worker 1 begins clearing jungle west of Banana HQ
                    Warrior 1 moves north, finds more mountains
                    Warrior 4 moves east, uncovers yet more jungle

Turn 31, 2510
                    One citizen in Apolyton is changed to an entertainer
                    Warrior 2 moves north, spots the American city of Washington to the east.
                    Warrior 1 moves northwest, sees only more mountains
                    Warrior 4 moves north east

Save Game attached below
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Timeline; July 1, 2002, 20:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                      Actually, Apolyton never went into civil disorder.
                      I annouced this wrongly, as I was playing along (and Timeline asked me to inform people on the chat). Timeline, in the official game, actually avoided Civil Disorder, by changing one citizen into entertainer (I wasn't aware of this at this time).
                      Apolyton got to size 3 smoothly.
                      Ohmygawd?! Shh....
                      Are you aware of the corporal punishment involved in such "playing along" ? ( It's a clause in the constitution.)
                      Psst, I won't tell anyone... if you promise not to do it again.
                      My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePlagueRat

Ohmygawd?! Shh....
                        Are you aware of the corporal punishment involved in such "playing along" ? ( It's a clause in the constitution.)
                        Psst, I won't tell anyone... if you promise not to do it again.
                        hi ,

the banana high counsil has ruled that nothing was done illegal , nor was the constition broken at any time , ....

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Very good news re Apolyton not going into civil disorder.

That's a turn not lost.

Apologies for the scare. However, it was announced in Red and nothing conclusively said otherwise, that I noticed.

Nice catch Timeline.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Map
                            Attached Files

Comment

Turnchat (minister chat and main chat)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X