Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need "Advisor" threads

Hi all,

I've been trying to follow this interesting game for a while now. I find it difficult to find relevant information between all the threads going on in this forum.

What Apolytonia needs is a bunch of "Top" threads that reflect the different aspects of our empire. They could mirror the advisor screens of the game. Each thread should contain the latest report on the subject, for easy reference purposes. No discussion or polls should take place here - that is for other threads.

Then, whenever we want to check on the status of our Civ, we can start with those threads and quickly get up-to-date info. The threads should be filled by the respective ministers, of course. I suggest at least the following threads:

0 Current Game Report (Turn reports & map)
    1 Domestic Advisor
    2 Trade Advisor
    3 Military Advisor
    4 Foreign Advisor
    5 Cultural Advisor (may not be that important)
    6 Science Advisor
    7 City Planner
    8 Current OPEN polls
    98 Old Turn Reports
    99 Historian

Let me know what you think!

BigFurryMonster
    Greatest moments in cat:

Good idea. Single threads instead of the thread of the day, or turn.

But do they need to be sticky? It wouldn't be hard for the ministers to bump them to keep them on page 1 if they are less active.

I also think the Senate is a good catch all for many of the private citizen threads. That's what I try to do anyway. Had a couple of questions for ministers. Posted in the Senate thread. Got answers immediately.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

well, there was a "organize us!" thread proposing sub-forums. this could also do the job.

but some ppl (including mods) said its easy to find the info in here, so i stopped discussing it there.
      Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

but too many topped threads in one forum will prevent non-topped thread from being read. most discussions will go down unnoticed.
        this brings me back to my proposal of subforums:
        it even made a yes in a poll:

Comment

and here is the discussion-thread:

btw:
          in subforums, im strictly pro the topped threads.
          for example:
          in a government subforum, all the departmental threads should be topped (for the term, after the term new threads are opened and topped and the old ones untopped).
          in a citizen forum, all groups and parties (for example) could be topped, as well as newspapers etc.
          in the general forum all informational and important threads are topped.
          and so on. see organize-us thread for more info

Comment

We should just have a subforum for government announcements, elections, and *official* polls.

Comment

thats what i try start discussing on. if we can channel the discussion to one thread where markg reads, maybe we can convince him subforums are not evil.

Comment

ONE subforum is not evil.

Comment

The problem is that you often have to poll for new things between every 2 turnchats. I am acutally annoyed that there have not been as many polls to be able to ahhve official approval of Case Pink and related strategies, many of the things we've done should have been polled on beforehand

Comment

I totally agree with Civman, the people must vote on whether to undertake case Pink and take the war to the Frenchies. It should not be something solely decided by the president and the ministers.

Comment

right. and there must be an easy way of finding the info you need for decisions, too.
                      what sense do polls make if the results are lost due to a maybe high post-count of other threads, and during turn-chats noone realizes a special issue has already being polled on?
                      the same thing is what happens to me all the time: suddenly i see a poll coming up on the forum which i did really not realize before. sometimes i manage to vote there, sometimes i just missed it.

Comment

Right. The ministers should collect the poll results concerning their department and put those in the TOP thread for overview and quick reference.
                        Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

THe problem with topping them is that then 80% of the threads on the first page would be topped

Comment

i would like to propose something i remember from somewhere, but i dont know from where ;-)...

maybe a turn-thread would do the thing.

The president opens the thread and the first post would contain the link to the last turn-chat thread and a story-like description of our history (this has to be done one time and then grows automatically, see later in this post) till today.
                            the second post holds the next chat-date and the save-file, maybe along with the screenshots/maps.

then all departments post their instructions.

when the chat ends, the president will post a text-summary of the chat-happenings (like "war with the french!...") in a story like manner (this can then be appended to the first post history and put in the first post of the next turn thread). the log of the chat will also be posted there. the last post will be a link to the thread of the next turn-chat.

the turnchat-thread of the next turn chat coming up will be topped, the others not.

Comment

This might be a solution:

Make TWO forums: a Democracy forum (D1) and a second one (D2).

In D1: Top only a very limited number of threads. A welcome thread, a memberlist thread and a linked thread to D2. The rest of the thread is disussions, polls, etc.

In D2: put all advisor threads here (topped).

In this way, all info is easily accessible AND there's plenty of room for discussion.

BFM
                              Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Working...
                              X