• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Go To War ?

why not focus on settlers

why not explore the land first
    some say its an island others say its a peninsula

is it not possible that there is more good land like plains and grassland or hills

is it not possible to sent protected settlers out and go for that land

there shall be war but why not wait a bit first to grow

We have no good space to grow in and on Emperor we have no time to waste.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

notyoueither is right. We are closed in and must fight to expand.
      For your photo needs:
      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Not to mention fighting is much more fun and interesting.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

War is necessary. We will LOSE without war.

Comment

Check out my picture near the end of this thread if you think we can successfully expand peacefully anywhere near us.

Comment

If you want peace, then be prepared for war.
              To truly live, be ready to die.
              An apple a day, keeps the doctor away.
              The French are already rubbing their grubby little hands together thinking about our land.
              History is littered with senseless wars, at least ours will have a purpose.
              Kill or be killed, that the name of the game.
              Are we having fun yet?

Comment

If we secure the continent/peninsuala for ourselves, we will be free to populate it with settlers without fear of the best sites getting taken by foreign powers.

Comment

bc long term jungles are useless and we need the mts from the french so we can get the iron which unluckily is the only resource useful on the whole game

(or most of it...)

WAR
                  Do something, either lead, follow, or get out of the way - Ted Turner

Happy citizen of the Apolyton Civ III Demo Game

Comment

There are certain games when a builder approach is very appropriate.

This is not one.

We are tremendously disadvantaged, in many respects.

The only way to survive, effectively, is through aggression. Sorry, but it's the truth.

For the non-war members: Bad news, this is not a one time event. We will NEED to commit surgical strikes, several times, to deal with the bad start. I refer to Aeson's iceberg as an example.

A non-aggressive, builder approach has NO chance of succeeding in this game.
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Re: Why Go To War ?

Originally posted by SABRA
                      why not focus on settlers
                      Not much in the way of expansion room.

why not explore the land first
                      some say its an island others say its a peninsula
                      We are. I think the agreement is that it's now a peninsula (as it's pretty bloody unlikely that we'd have four civs on one island).

is it not possible that there is more good land like plains and grassland or hills
                      Yes, but most of it is under the control of our enemies.

is it not possible to sent protected settlers out and go for that land
                      Others would have reached it first. In that case, the only alternative is to take them by force.

there shall be war but why not wait a bit first to grow
                      Grow where?
                      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Even the builder party, the DIA, has admitted the need for these wars. It was discussed much and almost everyone agrees now.

Comment

if we don`t fight now we`ll be in no position to fight later, if indeed there is a later
                          I am uninformed therefore i only add randomness to the vote.

Comment

SABRA,

The die is cast, and most have decided for it, including all the ministers and the two major parties. I attempted to elicit alternatives for our situation, and submitted a possible proposal. My proposal was rebutted quickly and thoroughly by those who support the war. No other counter proposals were presented. I am not the best of Civ'ers, so I need someone with more experience and game knowledge to come up with something. Can you come up with a counter proposal?

Otherwise, we will have to fight for a less militaristic Apolytonia after this war is over. Also, if you have already not voted Yes for a code of ethics do so as soon as possible, that is our first best hope in the quest for a peaceful society.

God save the people of Apolytonia!

I remain,

jdjdjd
                            Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                            "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Meanwhile, Jungle warriors, start sharpening your spear- and arrowheads.
                              (And cast your votes accordingly. That ethics poll IS important. IF you want to play with your sharp toys, you'd better make sure a constitutional amendment won't stop you.)
                              aka, Unique Unit
                              Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Working...
                              X