Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ministries of Finance and Trade merger proposal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ministries of Finance and Trade merger proposal.

Ministry of Finance - Ministry of Trade merger proposal

As you already know, 2 ministers currently care on our treasury :
    - the minister of finance has to manage the sliders of science and luxury. He also must check the efficiency of the cities concerning commerce, and petition the city planner to build marketplaces and banks when the need arise.
    - the minister of trade has to keep track of unconnected cities and unconnected goods. He decides trades which are purely involving goods and gold, and has some decision power in trades involving goods among other things (tech, diplomactic agreements). The minister of trade should also haggle to tell the other ministers what would be the best deal.

These two ministries have very narrow functions each. And dividing these functions between two people may hurt cohesion in our money policy.

That's why an idea arose, a big "Ministry of Economy" whose role would encompass those of the two ministries above. The ministry of economy would have an intendance mission : providing what the other ministries need to work properly. But this ministry wouldn't influence decisions of the other ministers.

The functions of the Ministry of Economy will precisely be :
    - To adjust the sliders in agreement with the People or the President. These two get actually to decide who should get what budget. The minister of economy should only give documented advice.
    - To check if cities produce a good amount of money, and petition the city planner to build marketplaces and banks where it has to be. The minister of economy has no direct power on cities however.
    - To check if resources and luxuries are well dispatched in the empire, and to petition the minister of public works if different. The minister of economy has no direct power on workers.
    - To establish trades with the AI involving resources, luxuries or gold.
    - To haggle gold amounts in a trade decided by the foreign minister. The minister of economy has to agree with trades involving goods among other things (example, he has to agree to a suggested "Fur for IronWorking" trade). The minister of economy has no direct power on trades involving gold among other things, but no trade goods.

The Minister of Economy loses a function of the Minister of Trade in the process : the ability to call for trade embargoes, which goes to the foreign advisor.

3 things more :
    - this proposal, if accepted, will be effective next term. It won't change the organization of the government during this turn.
    - this proposal will need a 2/3 majority in the poll to be effective, as it's an amendment to the constitution.
    - the creation of the ministry of economy would make the trade and finance ministries irrelevant. Trade and Finance ministries would then be deleted.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis
Working...
X