• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vice President Campaign Thread

Current Nominees:

Timeline (Democratic Industrialist)
    Vlad Antlerkov (United Front Coalition)

Participants are welcomed and encouraged to debate issues and state their platforms here.

Why you should elect me as VP.

Yes yes, it may be easy for some to think of many reasons why they feel I should not be elected as Vice President, but please hear me out before making your mind up so easily.

Here is my take on the job: Vitally required, yet somewhat unnecessary . The VP’s main job is be ever vigilant and primed, always ready to take over as leader of the nation should any ill-effects befall our beloved President. As VP, you want someone who is active here, present at all the turnchats, interested in the game and involved. Someone who will perpetually and incessantly be there, ready to take the hot-seat should that time ever arise.

-I am such a person.

As someone who has helped literally write the book on the jobs of the Vice President, I would be an ideal candidate for the job.

What will I do?

If elected for this esteemed and treasured position, I will by no means sit on my buttocks and lay back and relax. As VP of our nation, I will attempt to assist the President and any other Ministers in any way I can, and basically do their bidding to help our nation move along as smooth as is possible with a democracy of over 100. This should not be an easy job, there is too much work to do here than kick back and relax. VP means a lot to me, it means a chance to continue serving our nation and helping us establish this great democracy game we all joined.

What about your party status?

Parties are really useful in some cases, and in others they just cause needless friction. Someone who serves as VP should be reasonable, open minded, and rational. When acting as a government official we all should put aside strong or negative political feelings for the betterment of us and our nation. If elected VP, I will make it my purpose in government to serve Trip and help him in any way possible. I will always find somewhere to help, because there is always stuff to be done. If Trip has everything handled and other Ministers don’t need help either, I will help Moral Hazard or Skywalker on the papers, do government PR work for the people, etc. But the point is, party politics has a place, and I can honestly say I will support everyone regardless of their political stance.

Well, in short, you should elect me as VP because I am active and will do a good job .

Comment

Riotous applause from civman!!

I would also like to mention that his leading role in the constitution's creation and discussion is also a somewhat tradtional Vice Presidential role in the civ2 game (Ok only one vice prez but still...)

Comment

bump

Comment

Bump, come on Vlad! Let's hear something from ya!

Comment

Sorry, but you won't be hearing anything from me campaign-wise for a few hours.

First, earlier today, I sent a PM to Trip saying I had reconsidered, and that I was withdrawing (on the grounds that I didn't quite think that I was electable).

Then I reconsidered reconsidering. In other words, I'm back in.

However, I have to go over to a friend's house in a few minutes, so I probably won't be back until around 4:30 PM local time.

And it'll take me around an hour for me to write my campaign post, revise it, convince myself it's not crap, and post it.

So you'll have to wait.

(Yes, I have self-esteem problems. How'd you guess?)
            oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

It's ok to have self-esteem problems. Especially if you're running for Vice President . GO VLAD!

Comment

Well, here's my campaign post, in speech format. Enjoy:
                ---------------------------
                *walks to podium, longbow and quiver of poison-tipped arrows strapped over back*

Ladies and gentlemen...

*aide walks in*

Aide: Sir, we don't have any women in the g---

Poison-tipped arrow: THUD

Aide: *dies*

As I was saying...

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Apolytonia faces many dangers-- France, the jungle, disease, France. Yet, in the history of Civilization, whenever a human-controlled civilization has been faced with such dangers, they have overcome them and gone on to dominate the world!

*the same aide walks in*

Aide: Sir, what about newb---

Poison-tipped arrow: THUD

Aide: *dies again*

Now, as your Vice President, I will do everything in my ability to see to it that this will be done!

Consider France. If left unchecked, France will grow to trap Apolytonia on this damn jungle peninsula. Also consider that they have technologies unknown to us. As Vice President, I will make sure that we get these technologies, then destroy France! We can save ourselves from researching these technologies by stealing them fair and square!

Also consider the twin perils of the Nolytopa Jungle and diseases coming from it. Some say that the jungle will destroy us. I say, the jungle is today's threat, tomorrow's bonanza! If cleared, the jungle could become the great heartland of the Empire! I will make this happen.

Being Vice President is not just for slackers. It requires someone active, someone capable, for if some mishap befalls our President, we don't want our game to be in the hands of a twit.

*the same aide walks in again*

Aide: Not that there's any chance of that in this el---

Poision-tipped arrow: *misses aide*

Aide: Ha ha! I am invincib---

Several poison-tipped arrows: THUD

Aide: *dies yet again*

The point is that I can do this. I am active, I am capable, I am responsible! If the president doesn't need help or advice or a replacement, there's probably a cabinet member that could be helped. If there are no cabinet members that need help, there's other things-- public relations, the Apolytonian, communicating with MarkG about the progress of our game-- that could be done.

Finally, if I am elected, you won't see any more of my aide again!

*directs crowd to a giant stack of wood, which Vlad's aide has been strapped to*

So: Vote Vlad Antlerkov, for great justice!

Aide: Move zig!

*lights stack of wood on fire*

Aide: *burns to death*
                --------------------------
                Last edited by Vlad Antlerkov; June 22, 2002, 17:17.

Comment

death to the infadels!
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

HEY, you basically took my entire post and just reworded it and said the same things .

Oh well, gotta out to the airport to pick up some family, more later,

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline

HEY, you basically took my entire post and just reworded it and said the same things .

Oh well, gotta out to the airport to pick up some family, more later,

cheers
                      hi ,

, it seems that "Timeline" is trying to stay ahead of time , ....

it smell's that he is leaving the country , with suitcase's full of banana's , .......

first one resign's , now this one goes on the run , .....

what have we done that the gods are so angry on us , ....snif-snif , ....

one Q , why are there only so few people who run for office , ....

have a nice day
                      Last edited by Panag; June 22, 2002, 18:03.
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Vote Vlad! Destroy France! Clear the Jungle!
                        Duddha: I will return...
                        Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
                        "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
                        Free California!

Comment

VLAD! VLAD! VLAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddha
                            Vote Vlad! Destroy France! Clear the Jungle!
                            hi ,

, shall he replant the none-bonusgrassland with a forest , ....

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

We won't be able to extract as much food from forests. Besides, we can't reforest land until we get Engineering, and that's a LONG ways away.

Still, anything's more productive than jungle, and we'll probably end up needing the extra shields more than the extra food. Maybe reforest half the non-bonus tiles, irrigate/road the rest.

(Incidentally, in Civ II, one could convert jungle directly into forest, no techs required, only 20 settler-turns of work. And the bonus grassland tiles were in a clean pattern. Ah, the good old days. )

Comment

Working...
                              X