Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICAL: IE - Where Should We Build Our New Cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICAL: IE - Where Should We Build Our New Cities?

I've looked at our current position, and I've come up with three possible places we could settle. Here's a map:

Description of City Sites:
    1. Both these tiles are jungle squares, bordering both the ocean and the river.

2. An open square (thankfully), near other open squares and jungle. Near where we met the French warrior - could be a good place to build up our military before an invasion of France.

3. Not actually discovered yet, probably in the jungle, possibly on river. Centralized location.

Poll Info

Question: Where should we build new cities?

Options: Build/Don't Build option for each site.

Expiration: 3 Days

Important Note: This poll will not end before the next turnchat. We don't have any settlers and aren't building any, so that shouldn't be a problem.
    DO settle at SITE 1
    25.00%
    DO NOT settle at SITE 1
    11.54%
    DO settle at SITE 2
    27.88%
    DO NOT settle at SITE 2
    7.69%
    DO settle at SITE 3
    12.50%
    DO NOT settle at SITE 3
    15.38%

The poll is expired.

Oh, BTW, the red tiles are where Uber wants to build a road to France. (I think so, anyway.) Just disregard them for this poll.

Comment

yuo can take them off if you have photoshop you can hide the layer, sorry about that
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

and how come timeline isn't proposing this... you're not the IE...
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Also, the French might colonize site 2 before we can. It's 9 moves, plus however long it takes to BUILD the settler.

after we explore more, we might definately be able to settle there... we just have to see.

Site 1 is a great site. infact, clear the jungle and build roads there... and then some.

site 3 is another "crappy ass jungle city that is worthless until 50 turns pass", but it will be a good location in the future. The lower squares you circled would probably be a bad choice in that the X will overlap 2 squares deep (6 total squares) with site 1.

i voted YES for all 3.

Comment

In order to run for VP, Timeline needed to resign as IE advisor. As deputy IE advisor, Jonny is currently occupying the position, pending the emergency election.

Jonny-- I voted for 1 and 2, and against 3. And the road idea also looks good. Then again, France may not exist much longer.
            oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
              In order to run for VP, Timeline needed to resign as IE advisor. As deputy IE advisor, Jonny is currently occupying the position, pending the emergency election.

Jonny-- I voted for 1 and 2, and against 3. And the road idea also looks good. Then again, France may not exist much longer.
              lol, the road idea was mine and was shut down by Eli and his CTED minions

Comment

Holy Smack.....

I leave to go to work and come back and there are 50 posts and it seems like the entire board changed .

Nice job Jonny, what a guy

btw Uber: Stop accusing me of things I didn't do, I never opposed your plan.

Comment

I'm a CTED "minion" that agrees with Uber's idea. We can use it to go conquer them, and after we do that, we can use their luxuries that they definitely have.

Comment

btw Jonny, site 2 is flawed.

Cities automatically clear jungle when they are founded so the best place to put em is NEXT to the grassland on the Jungle. That is, one tile east or north east of where you have site 2 now.

Comment

You sure about that timeline?

Comment

I'm not sure if I agree with Site 2. We haven't yet explored much to the west, after Sunday's turnchat we'll know much more than we do now about the terrain to our west.

Comment

Site 1 is closer and on the coast. Site 2 is too far away for now. It would put us longer in settling that city. Site 3 is at least partly, if not all in a Jungle, size would be more limited.

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                            You sure about that timeline?
                            Of course

This isn't civ 2 ya know

Comment

Explore. Show me the whole map around the city sites and we can talk about the city locations.

Abstain so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X