The City Names Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The City Names Thread

Okay, after getting my first response in regards to the naming of cities, my first response came from wervdon. In this thread I will list all up-and coming names for cities that have been decided upon. This list may change soon if people vote in favor of allowing ministers to pick names first. The list as of now is:

- Apolyton, because we simply must.
    - Civman2000 has already chosen the name 'Banana HQ' for one of our cities.
    - Termina, by Trip

2) Tassagrad by Tassadar5000
    3) Del Monte, by Ninot
    4) Uberville, by UberKrux
    5) Gaïa/Port Rouge/Redia by Spiffor
    6) Maelstrom?, by Timeline
    7) ? by Eli
    8) punkbase by punkbass2000
    9) ? by HazieDaVampire
    10) Arigosa, by wervdon.
    11) Flipville, by Flip McWho
    12) Caligula Augustus, by joost1110
    13) God-inYa, by Godinex
    14) Tercomia, by johncmcleod
    Last edited by Jon Shafer; July 11, 2002, 23:50.

JohnAshcroftIsAFascist
    civmanton
    Polyville
    Banana HQ

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
      JohnAshcroftIsAFascist
      civmanton
      Polyville
      Banana HQ
      hi ,

the last thing we should do is to start with something like the first name , .....

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Well, its the citizens choice what to name the city.
        Changing it'd be kinda like changing the names of Stalingrad and Leningrad, because they were Communist. Except it'd also be totally different. Just ignore my random blitherings.
        I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Port Notylopa - by I forgot who
          Port Maelstrom (maelstrom meaning a tumultuous state of affairs- which is exactly what this jungle is causing us) - by Timeline

Comment

The correct spelling of the latter is Port Malstroem.

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
              Port Notylopa - by I forgot who
              *walks in*

AHEM.

*leaves*

oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Nope. Actually, Port Maelstrom is the correct spelling.

maelstrom - Encarta World English Dictionary
                mael·strom [máylstrm ] (plural mael·stroms) noun

1. whirlpool: an exceptionally large or violent whirlpool

2. turbulent or violent situation: a situation marked by confusion, turbulence, strong feelings, violence, or destruction

[Late 17th century. From early modern Dutch, formed from maalen "to grind, whirl round" + stroom "stream."]

Encarta® World English Dictionary [North American Edition] © & (P) 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
                Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
                I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

If you would like to hear how it is pronounced, click here for WAV or here for AIFF.

You may have to reload the page a few times to get it working...
                  I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Yes, SwitchMoO is correct. Which is another reason I liked the name,

whirlpool: an exceptionally large or violent whirlpool
                    Describes this jungle exactly

Comment

You mean that it's virtually impossible to get out of? Well, it's virtually impossible, so therefore it is minutely possible to get out. Infinite improbabilities follow the same pattern. Thus it is minutely possible that this Democracy won't fall into a "flame pit."
                      I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

How are we going to run the voting for this? another thread with 20 or so city names to be voted on, the top 2 of which will be the next two cities; then we do another poll
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

We've already decided, actually.

If you do a little search, you'll find some polls determining the process. The next city we found will be named by the next person selected by the Random Number Generator Trip has.
                          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

yeah...how about Mortsleam Trop..that's a nice name...well, random number generator it is

Comment

Skywalker's Post
                              Skywalker's Banana Plantation
                              Whack-A-Mole

Comment

Working...
                              X