X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Popular Front

The Popular Front

(i'm no graphics wiz, so if you've got a better symbol please send it in.)

With the enormity of the number of political parties forming, the potency of individual parties is decreasing.

So, as a solution I am attempting to organize a coalition for those parties that are pro early expansion.

The peace loving Culture party, Culture Club, Thinkers Guild, and Democratic Industrialists of Apolyton threaten to destroy all chances of early expansion!

United together in the Popular Front the Imperialist party, Hawk/Nationalist party and all other future pro expansionist parties can pool their votes and keep the peace lovers from controling Apolyton. I know the more centrist Imperialist party and more rightist Hawk party have differences but in a coalition we can better promote those values we have in common.

So, hopefully the Populist Front can begin a long and productive political life in Apolytonian democracy.

Current Issues:
    - What about France?
    -Ratification of the Constitution, yea, nay?
    -Who wants to be a Popular Front candidate?

Any others?

Current Stances:
    It appears the parties are in agreement on
    -Prepare for war with France and attack as soon as we are ready.

Coalition partners:
    The Imperialist party
    The Hawk party
    The Nationalist party

Coalition Candidates:
    VP: Vlad Anterkov
    IE: skywalker

Coalition members in power:
    President: Trip
    Minister of the Military: UberKrux
    Historian: HazieDaVampire
    Last edited by Duddha; June 21, 2002, 16:52.
    Duddha: I will return...
    Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
    "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
    Free California!

I agree.

Comment

i concur. the DIA will listen to the masses or it shall eb destoryed by them.

be warned you culture loving hippies.

this post brought to you by supreme military commander UberKruX. Glory Comes From Spilt Blood.

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

culture loving hippy? thats redundant!!!

anywhoo.. its not like im pro-peace or anti-war.. or even pro-culture or anti-military.... im just looking for a middle way, and DIA offers that to me
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

have the other parties in our coalition agreed to this? its all good to me...

the citizens of this empire who can see that the only way to domination is through war, and military might, can now pool their votes to back uber!

finally, instead of 10 seperate parties, we have only two, each with several notable sub-parties.

Comment

You people are just desperate because you see your passing of power approaching.

The peace loving Culture party, Culture Club, Thinkers Guild, and Democratic Industrialists of Apolyton threaten to destroy all chances of early expansion!
            Not so. The DIA support early expansion, like I said before, what good is industrializing if there is nothing to industrialize?

Originally posted by UberKruX
            i concur. the DIA will listen to the masses or it shall eb destoryed by them.
            Our entire party is based on listening to the masses.

Comment

i ask you: does the DIA support researching war techs?

Comment

right now, i mean. also, i mean offensive war techs..

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline

Our entire party is based on listening to the masses.
                  funny how tassadar (a member of your party) originally opposed researching the wheel, and actually ignored a poll with the majority saying they wanted war techs.

he's changed his tune though, so i have no problems with him
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007
                    I personally support researching the wheel next, that is a war tech, i guess your answer is yes .

Most members of our party feel the same way. In fact Tassadar, science minister, is a member of the DIA and I strongly suspect he will be pushing for the wheel next.

Comment

to answer that, i say "to the best of my knowledge, i don't know".

Personally, I think we should go for the wheel next. But I reserve my right to free thought. Tassadar may have a different opinion, and hes the man wearing the right hat.

In the long run tho, my only answer could be "it depends".

But, like I must state, i support war techs when they are the best thing to research. Personally, i think they are the best thing to research now.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

funny how tassadar (a member of your party) originally opposed researching the wheel, and actually ignored a poll with the majority saying they wanted war techs.

he's changed his tune though, so i have no problems with him
                        Uber, you outta stop opposing us so strongly. So far our ENTIRE party has gone to GREAT lengths to accommodate you.

Sheesh, you think you would be grateful and not give us all the crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline

Uber, you outta stop opposing us so strongly. So far our ENTIRE party has gone to GREAT lengths to accommodate you.
                          ... and i've gone to great lengths to accommodate THE PEOPLE.

oh, and i am greatful for the accommodations, we'll see what happens with my jungle plan

Comment

oh and Linney, if you notice, it's not just me opposing you here.

this whole thread is about that the combined partied make 25+ people.

Comment

... and i've gone to great lengths to accommodate THE PEOPLE.
                              That's good, if it's it true.... I don't see it. I just see you looking out for one person - you. But maybe I am wrong, I hope I am. I like it when I am wrong btw.

oh, and i am greatful for the accommodations, we'll see what happens with my jungle plan
                              Yet another example. I have given your jungle plan full support, and I have a hunch Eli may too.

Yet you continue to slander and knock down our party in anyway you possibly can.

Please stop. We are all government, and aside from minor idealogical differences, we are all here for the same thing: Success.

Success in our government, success on the battlefield, success in the global arena.

Comment

Working...
                              X