SMC Report: 3300 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMC Report: 3300 BC

Heil Apolyton. Your Beloved Supreme Military Commander Has Prepared a Report for You.

(this is a multi-post report)

Citizens of Apolyton, I come not with good words about our military status.

We are weak, plain and simple. The Military Advisor in the game had this to say:
    Attached Files
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

on top of that, the demographics concur.
    Attached Files
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

After carefully studying our suitation, i suggest the following moves for our units:

(the left says 3 moves, the ight says 5 moves)
      Attached Files

Comment

Look on the bright side, at least we have the lowest pollution.

Comment

sorry if it's blurry, apparently apolyton doesnt like anything over 600 pixels

anyway, i believe that these moves will be the best possible.

the warrior in the west will look for the french capital, Paris, which will set up possibilites for an invasion. if everyone agrees that is.

right now exploration is important. we need to see what we have to deal with before we attack.

(MORE SOON, HOLD)

Comment

Very Disturbing

This outlook is highly uncomfortable, you our great SMC needs to take achieve your goals with minimal impediment. Support your SMC in the polls!
            "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
            - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Re: SMC Report: 3300 BC

Actually, maybe we should research "Warrior Code"....See thread for details.
              Last edited by Nubclear; June 21, 2002, 06:25.
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I want a picture for meeeeeee.

Comment

I have developed a plan to smite the French, but i need the support of several (resisting) offices.

as i have stated before, our best bet is to get the wheel.

i'm fairly confident our voices have been heard, and i'm quite hopeful we get the wheel ASAP.

if we do get the wheel, i propose Eli and his Public works ministry road or clear the following tree line.

not only will it allow our fierce war chariots to engage in a war with the french, if he chooses to clear it, it will provide a line of grassland to plant cities near, making another river city possible, as well as others.

IF WE CHOOSE TO ROAD, NOT CLEAR
                  Sir Ralph says it takes 5 turns for an industrious civ to road a jungle square, so if we double up it'll be 2 or 3 turns per tile, times seven tiles, 14 or 21 turns before a full scalre war is possible.

if we dont double up, it's 35 turns to road it.

roading it would allow us to move the chariots across in almost 1 turn.

i believe it takes 12 turns to chop down a jungle. so if we CHOP, and then ROAD each of the 7 squares with 2 workers, it should only take (6 for chopping + 1 for Roading) * 7 squares = 49 turns.

keep in mind i'm not Eli, i'm not the PW minister, i'm not even in CTED. i'm the war minister stating what i would like to see. it's eli's call, and i don't want to see people flaming him, and other people claimging im ruining the game and undermining authorities.

again, i'm just stating whats best for my department.

thank you my fellow apolytonians.

this report brought to you by supreme military commander UberKruX. Glory Comes From Spilt Blood.

Attached Files

Comment

trip, duh:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Hmm.... if we were to get the wheel INSTEAD of bronze working, we could jump start our golden age which would get us through to alphabet and writing literature faster... Now might even be a good time for a war, as no other civs have contact with us yet to ally with the french. Ach well, i'm not the Minister of anything, merely a reporter, and a very confused reporter at that.

Edit/Correction: this would work assuming we have horseys nearbye Apolyton.
                        "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Chandragupta
                          Hmm.... if we were to get the wheel INSTEAD of bronze working, we could jump start our golden age which would get us through to alphabet and writing literature faster... Now might even be a good time for a war, as no other civs have contact with us yet to ally with the french. Ach well, i'm not the Minister of anything, merely a reporter, and a very confused reporter at that.

Edit/Correction: this would work assuming we have horseys nearbye Apolyton.
                          Were only a few turns away from Bronze Working.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                            Were only a few turns away from Bronze Working.
                            And if we were to switch to the wheel we could get it now, then we could let Uber have his rampage while simultaneously boosting science economy and everything else via the golden age assuming we had horses. But then again, I only play regent level for fun so I'm not the expert here, the experts would be you, Uber, and the rest of the cabinet.
                            I'm just saying it might be a good compromise since the consensus seems to be that a military tech would be ok before going for the glibrary. I always ignore the tech tree, leave taxes at 90 or 80 % (b/c any science above 10 or 20% doesnt change the time it takes fora tech) and beeline for Literature. If i dont get the glibrary, then i get some other wonder and i can buy the techs i need to survive.
                            As I said before, you are the experts.

May the Empire live forever!
                            "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Chandragupta

And if we were to switch to the wheel we could get it now, then we could let Uber have his rampage while simultaneously boosting science economy and everything else via the golden age assuming we had horses. But then again, I only play regent level for fun so I'm not the expert here, the experts would be you, Uber, and the rest of the cabinet.
                              I'm just saying it might be a good compromise since the consensus seems to be that a military tech would be ok before going for the glibrary. I always ignore the tech tree, leave taxes at 90 or 80 % (b/c any science above 10 or 20% doesnt change the time it takes fora tech) and beeline for Literature. If i dont get the glibrary, then i get some other wonder and i can buy the techs i need to survive.
                              As I said before, you are the experts.

May the Empire live forever!
                              Um, when you switch from, say Bronze Working to The Wheel, you lose your progress and have to start over....

Comment

Working...
                              X