X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Edition: The Jungle's Voice

~ THE JUNGLE'S VOICE ~
    The Underground Notylopian Magazine:

- Rotten, Radical, Rapid, Rude, Raw, and Ridiculous.

The Notylopian falls near the holy centre of Notylopia.

Announcement:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear fellow Apolytonians! My oppositional comrades, loyal democrats, culturefreaks and the intellectuals, workers and warriors, the ministery of banana plantation, and even the monkeys... (scattered inside the palace) Ok, everbody...
    In the TJV you can all write and speak of whatever you want! (even bananas) I will encourage you all to honour our jungle god by eating the poisonous berries out there, and become purified.
    But right now I'd like you to open your mouth, heart, mind, or whatever you've got... if not all above?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junglewhisper #1:

Democracy: Too much at stake?
    - by dr.Plaguerat, founder of the Thinkers Guild.

After loads of critisism, both the constructive ones and the worse,
    our President opens his mouth to defend himself... Blooded, but on scout!

What he laid afore us in an early morning discussion just a few days ago, were some controversial opinions. He said: "I'm here to win the game and make our civilization the strongest, not here to fight with other members. Everyone ought to know that more than anything else by now." - Honourable oaths, and we could perhaps believe every word of it. The recently elected Trip was under heavy questioning concerning both constitutional and savegame matters. A debate where several state officials and citizen representatives raised a critical voice towards the Head of our Apolytonian Democracy.

Our President continued with this rather peculiar statement:
    " I must admit though, I don't really care what people think of me, but don't at all think I'm going to drive our country into the ground for any reason. People can vote for whatever they want, I can't change that. "

As we can imagine at this point, opposition will increase dramatically. Even worse, it could possibly lead to an administrative crisis, or a scandal, since many of the other ministers do not seem to share these opinions...

Our President also supplied some clever retorics, showing a bit of an optimistic, and slightly sarcastic, figure...
    "I'm somewhat glad that people are blaming the bad map on me, or the bad start at least. Makes it all the more glorious when 1000 BC comes around. "
    - Promising words, which are proving a steady, and not only defensive presidential attitude. On the other hand, some intellectual members of the Guild hope for the critisism to reach all the way up to the voters hearts, and all the way down to the government officials minds.

Maybe will also members of the recently formed Culture Party begin to worry about the democracy? Who knows... As an immediate implication of this, there is a question of switching back to the tracks of a more democratic rule... but will that actually serve the president at this stage, or the just the principles? A national survey concerning the President was recently bouncing somewhat, but he is doing relatively fine now.

*Nnngh* I feel kinda sick writing here in the field. *Gasp*
    Can someone please cut down those horrible bamboos?
    Argh, those pesky banana flies are eating me! *Smack*
    I could really need an hour in a quiet library now, and a bath.
    Yeah, but that's life at the moment... *puke*

Moving around aimlessly...
    Settling for a good spot near the ocean, I presume.
    Hey, where's my six lazy bamboo choppers?
    Send me a smokesignal if they are to be found!
    Bye...

(those were my travelmates, until recently)

Another worker we are missing, thinking hard about road building here.
    Last edited by ThePlagueRat; June 19, 2002, 20:23.
    My words are backed with hard coconuts.

The pics don't show up but otherwise great job. I know your underground but the Apolytonian Times would like to buy you out. Name your price.
    Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Speak on, my intellectual brother! Let the public hear from our Guild, and from the other Guilds spanning this great nation, and may justice be served even to those higher up.

By the way, I suggest eating a bit of meat sometime, else you should find going to the bathroom a bit, err, moist
      I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

I think the link's were messed up by my fingers... argh!
        Now it should be some jungle here?

Comment

ROFL

Great competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Moral Hazard
            The pics don't show up but otherwise great job. I know your underground but the Apolytonian Times would like to buy you out. Name your price.

Thanks, but I'm sure your'e not interrested.
            The price may be paid in blood... for a jungle monopoly that is.

Comment

It's not actually competition, since it's an underground magazine.

Comment

This is really great. I've never been able to get all of those pictures and formatting stuff to work. It drives me nuts.
                Last edited by Kuciwalker; June 20, 2002, 12:12.

Comment

Keep up the interesting work.

Competition is good, even underground competition.

Comment

Working...
                  X