Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Current Plan For Turnchats

Description:
    Okay, I was bouncing ideas around as far as what days of the week to have turnchats. At first I thought every 4 days would be good, but that would mean every turnchat would be on a different day of the week, which would make things difficult to schedule for those of us who actually do different things on different days of the week (yes, they exist ).

So... my proposal is to have it 2 permanent days a week (unless otherwise voted upon by another poll for the subsequent turnchat). I believe Sunday and Thursday at (insert voted upon time here) is good. In addition to that, I also propose that there should be an 'Intermediary' play session of 1 turn in between each turnchat (unless the situation is deemed too serious to warrant it). This would allow the action to continue when not too many things are going on (like now), but not allow the game to continue to a point where the President would be making too many decisions on his own. The time between the previous turnchat and the subsequent Intermediary turn would be sufficient for the ministers to give their next 1-turn orders to the President. In addition to that, it is suggested that the President be in the chatroom at (enter voted upon time here) during the day of the Intermediary turn while playing. Whatever is decided upon will take effect following this Thursday's turnchat (so there would be the next turnchat on this up-and-coming Sunday, and/or the first Intermediary turn on Friday/Saturday).

If Group 1 overall has more votes than Group 2, then the schedule of Sunday and Thursday will take effect. If more people vote for Option 1 of either group than Option 2 of either group, then there will be an Intermediary turn played in between turnchats from now on (after this Thursday).

Question:
    Do you agree with this proposal?

Options:
    Group 1 - I agree with the Schedule
    - I support an Intermediary turn.
    - I do not support an Intermediary turn.

Group 2 - I disagree with the Schedule
    - I support an Intermediary turn.
    - I do not support an Intermediary turn.

Expiration:
    5 Days.
    [b]Group 1[/b] - Yes, and I support an Intermediary session
    57.58%
    [b]Group 1[/b] - Yes, but I [b]do not[/b] support an Intermediary session
    24.24%
    [b]Group 2[/b] - No, but I support an Intermediary session
    12.12%
    [b]Group 2[/b] - No, and I [b]do not[/b] support an Intermediary session
    6.06%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Jon Shafer; June 19, 2002, 01:20.

I am looking to abstain but I dont see it

I don't care and I don't want to mess anyone els up, but I am click happy and gotta click something.......

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
      I am looking to abstain but I dont see it

I don't care and I don't want to mess anyone els up, but I am click happy and gotta click something.......
      I don't think you even read it.
      By the time I posted it, I had a few grammar things to edit, and as soon as I got into the thread you'd already posted.

Comment

The 2 permanent days a week option is wrong.

This way we will have people that will be able to always participate in the chats, and people that will never be able to participate.

If we make the days rotating, most people will skip some of the turnchats but everyone will be able to participate in the long run.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Look at the rough poll results of the departments whose reports are urgent at the time and apply to the next turn IF there is an intermediary turn, which i hope there wont be.

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
            I don't think you even read it.
            By the time I posted it, I had a few grammar things to edit, and as soon as I got into the thread you'd already posted.
            Yes I read it.....my vote is whatever you all decide.....

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
              The 2 permanent days a week option is wrong.

This way we will have people that will be able to always participate in the chats, and people that will never be able to participate.

If we make the days rotating, most people will skip some of the turnchats but everyone will be able to participate in the long run.
              Right on!
              "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
              -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

I believe that for the first date we should alternate between Saturday and Sunday each weekend. The other date should either be on a set weekday or rotating between Tuesday, Wensday and Thursday (since this would give us the maximum amount of time between the weekend dates). This can help insure that people who work or have school still have a chance to participate at least once a week.
                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

a fixed schedule would make the chats more plannable though. no changing weekdays per week.
                  Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

We don't need a fixed schedule if we have my plan. People could figure out the dates pretty easily.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I agree with the idea of fixed dates, but we'll have to change them eventually (or vote to change them)... Many of us have a life saturnday night, and I'm unsure thursday is the best day for a majority of people.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                        I agree with the idea of fixed dates, but we'll have to change them eventually (or vote to change them)... Many of us have a life saturnday night, and I'm unsure thursday is the best day for a majority of people.
                        As others have said, we can change that if it's too much a problem for too many people. For now we just need some organization, more than 'hmmmm, how about a chat *closes his eyes and sticks his finger on the calendar* then!'

Comment

EVERYDAY, or every two days with possibly missing out a day a week to keep it on the same days.
                          Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                          For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip

As others have said, we can change that if it's too much a problem for too many people. For now we just need some organization, more than 'hmmmm, how about a chat *closes his eyes and sticks his finger on the calendar* then!'

I Agree, let´s start with some organization, if problems occurs, we change it... But we need a startup organization....

-=[Arkanjuca]=-
                            Nuking the hell...
                            \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

Comment

Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
                              EVERYDAY, or every two days with possibly missing out a day a week to keep it on the same days.
                              Are you saying you want a turnchat EVERY day?!?! If so, I think that's quite unrealistic.

Personally, I vote for the proposal, minus intermediary chats. I don't understand what they are for.
                              "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                              -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Working...
                              X