Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the SMC have control over captured cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the SMC have control over captured cities?

should the SMC be allowed to rule the captured cities for a few turns, to quickly rebuild his military on the spot, control resistance, etc? for how long?

you have 2 days to vote.

this POLL brought to you by supreme military commander UberKruX. Glory Comes From Spilt Blood.

Yes. for 20 turns.
    4.55%
    Yes. for 10 turns.
    2.27%
    Yes. for 5 turns.
    4.55%
    Yes. for 10 turns AFTER resistance ends.
    18.18%
    Yes.for 5 turns AFTER resistance ends
    27.27%
    No. never.
    43.18%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Inverse Icarus; June 19, 2002, 00:28.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

oh, and for curious kiddies, i voted for "Yes for 10 turns after resistance ends". some resistances can last a good deal of time if you dont have 20 units squatting in the city.

this post brought to you by supreme military commander UberKruX. Glory Comes From Spilt Blood.

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Uber, as SMC can you give an idea of how many military units are required to suppress a city flip?

Like how many per pop or any formulas?

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
        Uber, as SMC can you give an idea of how many military units are required to suppress a city flip?

Like how many per pop or any formulas?
        i dont have any official forumlas or anything, but i usually have AT LEAST a 1:2 unit to population ratio.

if the enemy has a higher culture than us, or the city was a large, high cultured one, i would definately station more units there. my stomach flips whenever a city flips back and i lose my 10 or so units garrisioning it.

this post brought to you by supreme military commander UberKruX. Glory Comes From Spilt Blood.

Comment

Change all pop to tax collectors. More cash, starve.

New turn. Change all pop to tax collectors. More cash, starve.

and so on until 1 pop is reached.

I have never lost a city to a flip while at war since I started doing this, and almost never at peace since 2 units give a 2 to 1 ratio to the remaining natives.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
            Change all pop to tax collectors. More cash, starve.

and so on until 1 pop is reached.

I have never lost a city to a flip while at war since I started doing this, and almost never at peace since 2 units give a 2 to 1 ratio to the remaining natives.
            exactly why i wanted to command cities. i'm pretty sure the "panzie ass cultural comission" as i cal them wont stand for starving / pop rushing a city to a 1

Comment

Well, thanks for revealing your true motives, Mr. Genocidal Maniac...

(-and you're damned right we won't stand for it... )
              "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
              -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Why not?

If the new subjects do not welcome us as liberators, why not clear out some room for Apolytonians?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                  Why not?

If the new subjects do not welcome us as liberators, why not clear out some room for Apolytonians?

...and if we ever have a domestic problem, why not nuke ourselves off the face of the planet?
                  "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                  -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

No! Don't you trust the city planner?? And if the city is worthless (very little production and trade) what use it it to you?

Comment

I like the starving idea. Though I like culture, this seems to be a good method of accomplishing what needs to be done.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

As the one responsible of happiness, it is the city planner's job.
                        The job of the military advisor would be to move his units in his newly captured cities, so that they resplenish health, and to petition the city planner to build units in the core cities. That's called teamwork, and that's the core of the Democracy Game.
                        There is no reason the military advisor has any direct control over cities... Do you imagine the science minister having direct control over some units ?
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

hi ,

there should have been an other option in the poll ,
                          control until resistance has ended , ....

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                            exactly why i wanted to command cities. i'm pretty sure the "panzie ass cultural comission" as i cal them wont stand for starving / pop rushing a city to a 1
                            Though I have disagreed with you in the past Uber, I find myself agreeing here. Bleeding a captured city dry works wonders (no pun intended) when you're trying to force its population back into line. In real life it works better to make the people love you by pampering them, but civ aint real life! Besides, if for some reason we cede the city back to them, it would be nothing more than a charred crater.

I'm voting for 5 turns after resistance ends.
                            "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

in times of war, the SMC should have control over captured cities for short periods of time. i vote yes, 10 turns after resistance ends. the hawk party backs uber on this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X