Supreme Military Commander Report: 3500 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Military Commander Report: 3500 BC

uh, it's not looking good for us warmongers here. this jungle appears to be quite large, looks we got warm and wet

anyway, our UU is trash unless we chop a path through the jungle, or road our way out. i dont see that happening realitevely quickly, so our chariots may be phased out.

because were in a jungle, we probably wont get horses or iron, but it never hurts to be sure. i recommend getting iton working or horseback riding asap.

there is one strong point for the military though, these jungle cities will grow slowly and may be stiken with disease , meaning mroe time to pump out units in between settlers and workers.

at this current moment, all i can recomment with our military is to explore. until we find some good land, or an enemy, we have nothing to do
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

poor uber.

Comment

Nothing to do, eh?
      As the minister of defence matters I believe you still have a certain responsibility in securing the workers and settlers from unprovoked barbarian raids... and guarding potential chokepoints.
      My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

no chokepoints and only one warrior to play with (for now).

i want that warrior to head west, along the costline of course, to look for fish and whales for future cities.

i reccomend you build a worker in Apolyton and then another warrior. clearing the jungle should be a priority.

the next warrior will defend, because emperor has unrest @ 2 pop.

depending on our city growth rates, another warrior could be built to protect the jungle worker. the other one shouldnt venture too far from home.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Well, you could also start making (long term) polls about defensive/offensive priorities...

You can make a poll on the importence of barbarian threat neutralization? Or just relax and inspect your banana-brigade...
          My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

i think it's too early to think about long - mid term policy.

Comment

Ahem... excuse me, but how could an army that is to be the greatest in the world have nothing to do?!?

Explore the world!
              Protect our settlers and workers!
              Or at the very least get your butts out there and conduct some training exercises!

Whatever you do, don't just sit there and complain about "nothing to do"!
              "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
              -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

no mountains or hills that we can see...dont worry about iron until we find some hills/mountains or another civ (to stay even, they might have iron and we'd need some to be a decent rival)

Comment

Primary goal is to explore. May be find and open some more huts. Forget war chariots. All they can give is an early GA. If the scouting warriors find another civ, try to trade for warrior code and attack them with vet archers. They must die!

Comment

Yes... If we meet another civ anytime soon, we must invade and conquer them to get their cities.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I suppose the jungle provides defense!
                      As a civilian i ask you uber to propose a massive undertaking of workers to flatten out a massive chunk of that jungle! the Burdon of Notylopa jungle will be alot smaller!
                      Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                      For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

If Linney's plan passes, then that'll be the plan. Pump out workers, clear that god-forsaken jungle, and try to etch out a good spot for our civ in this corner. We can expand elsewhere also. I do feel that right now, exploration and clearing that jungle should be our priorities.

Comment

UberKruX, you should always have something to do. If you aren't fighting a war, you should be thinking up new tactics and strategies. Hopefully for you, they won't have to be naval ones.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Question:

If you build a city on a jungle tile and abandon it, does it automatically clear the jungle and give a free road? That would save 24 turns of worker's clearing.

If so, would the 2 pop points and shields for 1 settler worth it compared to using workers instead?

I've never tried it but I heard about others using it with mixed results.
                            Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                            Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                            Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                            Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

i'm thinking up a few strategies for our jungle-ridden homeland, but i dont see us getting boats or chopping a path through the jungle any time soon. i'm occupying myself with defensive ideas.

i reccomend that we churn out a few workers and warriors to guard them with the +25% defense until it's all cleared and roaded.

i would like another worker to explore north, along the shortline, as well as our current one heading west.

and ouor UU isnt just about a golden age... it's basically a horseman at half price and a third of the techs...

Comment

Working...
                              X