Finance Ministry-3500 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finance Ministry-3500 BC

OK, this poll outlined the basic ideas and the lack of luxury votes means that having higher than 20% will not be an option.

Luxuries:
    0% or 10%-nothing happens, so 10% is a waste and is not an option.
    20%-our one person is happy

Science:
    100% or 90%: 22 turns for tech, +0 gpt (gold per turn)
    70% or 80%: 29 turns, +1gpt
    40-60%: 31 turns, +2 gpt
    30 or 20%: 31 turns, +3 gpt
    0 or 10%: no tech, +4 gpt

The reason that 40-60 is left as an option while 20-30 is clearly better (same science, more tech), and that identical options (70 and 80, for example) are both there is twofold:
    1. if the new city is founded in the next few turns it may make those rates have different effects.
    2. apolyton is about to grow and this will affect the science ad money of each rate.

EDIT: Poll edns in two days (wednesday 6/19). Results of different scince values are based on having no luxuries because the general philophy poll showed little support for having luxuires. Also, our current levels are 0% lux, 90% science.

If there is a tie, there will be a 1 day repoll or if there are clearly more voters close to one of the tied ones it wins. Example of that:
    100: 2
    90: 5
    80: 3
    70: 1
    60: 0
    50: 0
    40: 1
    30: 5
    20: 1
    10: 1
    0: 0

There are 5 within 10% of 90, and 2 of them would not, in our current situation, have an effect different from that of 90%. On the other hand, 30% has only 2 that are within 10% and only one would have no effect. Because of this major difference, 90% would win.
    lux: 0%
    23.23%
    lux: 20%
    9.09%
    sci: 100%
    12.12%
    sci: 90%
    9.09%
    sci: 80%
    7.07%
    sci: 70%
    7.07%
    sci: 60%
    7.07%
    sci: 50%
    3.03%
    sci: 40%
    2.02%
    sci: 30%
    4.04%
    sci: 20%
    6.06%
    sci: 10%
    2.02%
    sci: 0%
    4.04%
    Lets give all our commerce to the bananas!
    4.04%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by civman2000; June 17, 2002, 19:15.

Please notice that it is a checkbox poll and vote for one (and only one!) science choice and one luxury choice!

Comment

where is 10% luxury?

Comment

as i said, 10% luxury does not give us any luxuries. This rate only applies for the nest few turns, if the situation is different we can change it again then.

How ironic that the most popular science rate (60%) has another rate (20-30) which gets more money and the same science

Comment

Research should be set to a minimum, while still developing techs. 20% is the way to go.
          "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
          -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

So long as it appears we may be on an island, max tech.
            Full Beakers ahead!
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

As a proud member of the Thinker's Guild, I greatly request that we keep science as high as possible, without sacrificing anything else. If 70-80% yielded less than 0 GPT, then I would have voted less science, but since we can have a higher science and still a slight GPT yield, it would be advisable to keep a high science rate.
              I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

100% tech. Reduce only as needed to maintain more settlers and explorers and workers. We must first establish if we are on an island, and if we are then we must get the h*ll off of it pronto.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It's all about Map Making baby!

Comment

100% sounds good (so long as you keep a balanced budget, I would avoid deficit spending right now), how much gold do we really need right now? Kill some barbarians find some goodie huts, that'll fill the coffers. And we may need those maps. ASAP.
                    Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                    "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Anybody want me to draw up an ancient style map once we have scouted all of our lands (you know, the brown colour, and slightly out from the real world!)
                      Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                      For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

As leader of the Hawk Party(See thread for details) I am all for high science rates and low luxury rates. A nation needs a strong, advanced military force in order to remain free in these difficult times.
                        Dane

Comment

Don't mess with anything yet.

Comment

I think 30% tech is the way to go, this way we will make some progress and also have enough gold to buy techs form other civs, as we all know from experience at this level that we rarely can keep up with the ai with research in the early era so we need gold to trade with. I am of course hoping and praying we are not on and island in which case we need to as notyoueither said
                            get the h*ll off of it pronto. In which case we need all the research we can get.
                            The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

70%

This will keep progress high, and to beat the AI we NEED to stay competeitive in tech.
                              "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
                              - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Working...
                              X