Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there is something we can learn from the first turn chat, it is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there is something we can learn from the first turn chat, it is...

1) In every turn chat we should play maximum two-three turns.

We've been talking about every last detail in the chat, and it took a lot of time even when we had one city and 2 units.

2) All ministers should be obliged to prepare detailed orders for the next turn chat and have them in the respective Ministry threads before it begins.

This way we wont have to discuss for years every little decision only because the Minister is not present.

It will also allow more public criticism of the moves, more time to change mistaken ones and more times to discuss complicated ones.

------

Since ministers will post orders before the turnchat, they dont have to be there(but it's better if they do come). So turnchats will be much quicker and easy to organize and we'll be able to make 2-3 per week.
    They might even take less than an hour.

If we dont follow this or a similar way, the game will be too chaotic, too uncontrolled, and eventually - a failure.
    Last edited by Eli; June 17, 2002, 18:04.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

2 years max might be a tad too short in the early game, but I agree that we should not do too much in one day. Anyways, it seems that some the ministers need to better communicate their wishes and future plans.
    Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
    If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

That's because we had no opportunity to discuss things because we hadn't seen the map. WE'll be able to plan more in advance in the future.
      "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
      -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevman
        2 years max might be a tad too short in the early game, but I agree that we should not do too much in one day. Anyways, it seems that some the ministers need to better communicate their wishes and future plans.
        Ok. I agree that in the next couple or turn chats we will be able to advance 10-15 turns at a time. But after that, order, order, order.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

2 turns is too short. WE should have 1 play session a week with up to 20 turns, but usually 10. THe advisors work hard to get the weeks polls and detailed stuff.

Comment

But the president CANNOT play without a report from all departments who are active at the time (if we dont know anyone, for example, foreign guy does nothing) UNLESS those advisors have been missing for the past few days.

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
              2 turns is too short. WE should have 1 play session a week with up to 20 turns, but usually 10. THe advisors work hard to get the weeks polls and detailed stuff.
              You havent been there during the turn chat.

20 turns in one session is simply not feasible. Even in the very early game.

We should have 2-3 sessions a week with 1-3 turns played in each.

Comment

i did miss most of it...

I changed my mind. Up to 5 turns, but if major events (barbarians, hut with new stuff we're unprepared for, stuff built in city and we dont know what to do next, find new civ, etc) occur it must stop.

Comment

also, i am very annoyed that it started long before it was supposed to (supposed to start abou half an hour before I posted this, instead it started much earlier (i dont know when))

Comment

Originally posted by Eli

You havent been there during the turn chat.

20 turns in one session is simply not feasible. Even in the very early game.

We should have 2-3 sessions a week with 1-3 turns played in each.
                    hi ,

Eli , maybe we can , maybe we should look at the options again , .....

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

We should do 5 turns. At two turns per week, we would get only 104 turns done per year. It would take us YEARS to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                        We should do 5 turns. At two turns per week, we would get only 104 turns done per year. It would take us YEARS to finish.
                        Not two turns per week. Two(or three) turns per session.

Since ministers post orders before the turnchat, they dont have to be there(but it's better if they do come). So turnchats will be much quicker and easy to organize and we'll be able to make 2-3 per week.

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                          also, i am very annoyed that it started long before it was supposed to (supposed to start abou half an hour before I posted this, instead it started much earlier (i dont know when))
                          Yes, I too was annoyed when I discovered that the chat had been completed when I arrived, on time.
                          "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                          -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

First. I would suggest that the ministers assist the President. If the ministers are absent or have not reported, the President must carry on as best he can and take actions in their areas as needs arise. Our leader must have this power or we will be paralysed.

In short, responsibility is held from above during absenses. It's a good organizational principle.

Second. Ten turns at a crack for the next 1 or 2 sessions is not unreasonable. We'd like to see the sunny side of 0 AD at some point sooner rather than later.

As things get more developed, drop to 5 turns. Later 3, eventually 1 (when we get into complex situations).
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Now that I will have freaked Trip out by suggesting he have more power, I should say that he should also be more respectful of others. I too was sure that the turn chat had been set for later in the day. To move it up is not cricket.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X