No announcement yet.

Save File for All?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panag. You are wrong. What you are talking about is 1 ruining it for many. Please! Reconsider your attitude about the wishes of the majority.

Yes, we must respect your right to do with the sav as you will, but do you not have to consider our right to enjoy the game as we see fit?

Not some mythical 'them', but YOU.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
      panag. You are wrong. What you are talking about is 1 ruining it for many. Please! Reconsider your attitude about the wishes of the majority.

Yes, we must respect your right to do with the sav as you will, but do you not have to consider our right to enjoy the game as we see fit?

Not some mythical 'them', but YOU.
      hi ,

by the powers of jupiter , ...... it would be fun to realease the SAV(e) , ....... , there is nothing to hide , nothing that can be done to harm the game , so , realease the game from its enslavement , ....
      the first one who try's to corrupt the game with a sav , if that is allready an option , shall be strucken by the powers of mars , .....; and so shall the second one be , and ALL the others following the first two , .......

of course in order to do that , we need to keep placing banana's in front of the gods , ......

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I will interpret that as you will respect the wishes of the majority panag. You will keep any unknown information to yourself.

Thank you.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

the released savegame will also
          a) help some ppl understand the game better
          b) help finding interesting alternative tactics (the more eyes look, the more interesting ideas evolve)
          c) stop asking and explaining things
          d) helps resolve complicated situations by a look
          Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

Yes disorganizer, there are many good reasons for the sav to be shared.

The down side is someone or someones making themselves into oracles. I strongly advise agianst any such jerry mandering. The response will be hostile to say the least.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

we could also have a president giving away the save to his friends and they could then play oracle.
              we should not see enemy in our citizens, but in our neighbors.

Comment

I don't really mind not having a save game, as long as we get enough screenshots and info on what's happening.

However, it seems as we will get the savegame as often as possible.

So why not make a rule (or vote for such a rule) that if anyone exploits the savegame, all further savegames will be denied from the people and the exploiter will be banned from Apolytonia for all eternity.

I haven't actually read this whole thread, so don't flame me too much.

Comment

disorganizer,

You have more wisdom than a newbie should. You may be from somewhere else, that's OK. Who are you?

However, if the Prez wants to look brilliant, he can simply play ahead himself and know all the right moves 'naturally'.

I have stated strenuous oppostion to some of Trip's domestic policies, and I've certainly put a bit of reputation on the line in these affairs. However, I would never accuse him of such perfidy.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

Well, it was just an example of what could also happen. I wanted to exagurate the "i dont trust our citizens" part a bit.
                    Of course, i think this will never happen (will we ever have a proove for this?). But if we dont trust our citizens, why should we trust our leaders? Or maybe someone spies on our nation? The AI maybe has registered as Apolyton user to look on our tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by disorganizer
                      But if we dont trust our citizens, why should we trust our leaders?
                      This is a perfect quote. Thank you very much! And welcome in large letters, THANK YOU!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

The reason we can (perhaps) trust the leaders more than the ppl is, that although at some point the "trustworthy" leaders wil become "untrustworthy" citizens and vice versa, is the idea of responsibility. No citizen posting here has any responsibilities, yet the Council have all been voted in, have responsibilities to the ppl whilst they are in, and face a hostile reaction if they shirk these responsibilities, with possible enforced resignation. The reason a person is voted in is because they have been seen to be diligent, trustworthy and effective as a citizen. No normal poster has been given that "clearance".
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Our leaders come from our citizens. To consider one less trustworthy than the next is to begin questioning us all.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

That is why I do not subscribe to this idea. I believe only the Ministers should get the save as I see their job less relevant where all can see the game.
                            Consul.

Comment

The ministers have power over the game. We have suggestions. There is a difference.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

But the Ministers must follow the citizens' decisions. They are merely supposed to come up with proposals or ask for them and then poll on them whilst answering questions that the people have - they should not have power over the people.

The Ministers work for US. The only one who could be considered to have any power is the Prez.
                                Consul.

Comment

Working...
                                X