Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should be required for a Declaration of War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should be required for a Declaration of War?

This one is for the constitution.

- Timeline
    Group A: Only the Foreign Affairs Minister has the power to make a Decalration of War
    0.00%
    Group A: Only the President has the power to make a Decalration of War
    6.12%
    Group B: Only the Prez/FAM can post a poll for a Declaration of war to be made, 51% in favor out the people polled is enough to pass
    30.61%
    Group B: Only the Prez/FAM can post a poll for a Declaration of war to be made, 66% in favor out the people polled is enough to pass
    40.82%
    Group C: Anyone can post a poll for a Declaration of War to be made, 51% in favor out the people polled is enough to pass
    8.16%
    Group C: Anyone can post a poll for a Declaration of War to be made, 66% in favor out the people polled is enough pass
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

Group B, Option 2. Obviously 1 person can't decide to declare war or not, but I feel that some authority ought to recommend a declaration, followed by a 2/3 vote.

Comment

other: a civ existing on the map.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

seriously, the foriegn minister should consult the military advisor, and they should set up a poll.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Anyone can agitate for war. That is a fact. People can and do spout off reasons all the time for driving the local tank division over the border and killing and burning as much as possible. However, if anyone were allowed to poll for a war, then we would get a lot of wasted threads which would clutter up the forum, as the people in our civ with common sense said 'no!'

Also, i would not want to see one individual with the powers of life and death over our empire. (ex. the rumor is that UberKruX was elected for his ever-so-slight :rollseyes: insanity). Therefore Group B has the only options left. 66% sounds good. I dont want to get into a 1914 situation where the people want an war that only some can see really would bring down the empire.
          "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Group B, except that the War Minister should also be able to post such a poll.

Comment

Even though this is a minor issue. Why are people voting all of thier power away? Do you not trust yourself as a civ player? I agree with 67% but I think that anyone should be able to post it. Oh well, I'm in the minority.
              Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

The military advisor is obviously in on it, and has to present ready plans, but he can't be the one that gives the final decision.

The war minister should be able to only post a private petition to the Prez / FA

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                  The military advisor is obviously in on it, and has to present ready plans, but he can't be the one that gives the final decision.

The war minister should be able to only post a private petition to the Prez / FA
                  Agreed. We allllll know what UberKrux is up to, I think that's why Timeline didn't the include Minister of War.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip

Agreed. We allllll know what UberKrux is up to, I think that's why Timeline didn't the include Minister of War.

Comment

Hehe.

Oh well, since it's being voted on the way it is, once it's adopted it will have to be officially amended.

Comment

bad poll: many needed options are missing. I say either SMC or foreign advisor (but not the prez) should be able to make a poll, 51% needed...

Comment

Why them and not the President? I'm not saying that just for my sake, but any subsequent Presidents.

Comment

Yes, why not the president? President is the head of the cabinet so he should be allowed to declare war, with a majority of 51%.
                            Alea iacta est!

Comment

Unbelievable. All the talk of power to the people, and the people are readily handing over the power to initiate discussions of major import.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X