When should the game start ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When should the game start ?

It seems most decisions have been met about the game setup. Then, we should seriously consider starting the game. The question is "when ?".
    Rather than letting an individual decide for us, or letting a few individuals delay the game more, I think we should let the people of Apolyton decide.

The options are as follow :
    Sunday June 16th
    Monday June 17th
    Tuesday June 18th
    Wednesday June 19th
    Thursday June 20th
    Friday June 21st
    Saturnday June 22nd
    After (please explain below)
    I don't want the game ot be started.

Trip is our president and will sart the game with the settings we decided. As he's American, I recommand we consider these dates on an EST scale.
    I would say, if the current date has most votes at 22 EST, the game has to start. For example, if we have a majority of "Sunday" sayers today at 22 EST, then Trip would have to start the game by then.

About the polls whose end is when the game starts : at the start of the game, I think we should consider the results of the time as definitive, even if the poll is not officially closed... After all, you can't alter the landmass once the game has started.

About the polls which aren't bound with the starting of the game (for example, the poll about the senate), I think the start of the game shouldn't affect them in any way.

Two options aren't completely limpid :
    - "After (explain)" means you don't have to explain why you want the game to start after the suggested dates, but you have to explain when you'd like the game to start.
    - "I don't want the game to be started" means that you are completely comfortable with the pre-game debating, and you don't think we should start the game at all.
    Sunday, June 16th
    7.14%
    Monday, June 17th
    28.57%
    Tuesday, June 18th
    35.71%
    Wednesday, June 19th
    7.14%
    Thursday, June 20th
    0.00%
    Friday, June 21st
    0.00%
    Saturnday, June 22nd
    14.29%
    After (please explain below)
    7.14%
    I don't want the game to be started
    0.00%
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

BTW, I didn't give a time limit for this poll, as the suggestions can become limitless : I don't know, maybe we'll all agree with starting the game Monday, June the 14th, 2004
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Hmmmm, wasn't this already decided? I thought that we determined to start tomorrow (Monday 06/17)?

Comment

Oops, sorry. Where has it been decided ?

Comment

Here.
          Quite definitive too.

Comment

tuesday...the finance minister election doesnt end until then, and we still have more organizational stuff to do.

I think the very first play should be nothing but founding the first city, so the ministers can then make their polls for what to do next.

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
              I think the very first play should be nothing but founding the first city, so the ministers can then make their polls for what to do next.
              I agree with this, except for founding the city. There is a chance (however small) that we may not even want the to build the city on our starting square. I think the first play should be simply the forming of the map, then post a screenshot and save.
              "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
              -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Next week, Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                  Here.
                  Quite definitive too.
                  I thought that was when the elections should start...
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Nope, it says "start when?" I made another poll asking when to do the elections.

Comment

Working...
                    X