Apolyton Times - 1st Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by civman2000
    the columns are a bit thin, though it's still great!

I believe you are confusing advertising and bribing...unless siro will include my ads for free, don't i have a right to pay him in Apolyton's favorite yellow fruit? Or in peaches, if he prefers them?
    hi ,

shame on you , paying in banana , ........;tsssssss , its not so much the fact you are trying to bribe the free press , more the fact that you will not use the strawberries , .......

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

ooh...i thought you would figure out that that was not supposed to be a part of the ad ...but as I said, if you think it can count as a "soundbyte" put it in as such, otherwise put the rest in as an ad.

I can pay in anything I can find an image of at google

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
        ooh...i thought you would figure out that that was not supposed to be a part of the ad ...but as I said, if you think it can count as a "soundbyte" put it in as such, otherwise put the rest in as an ad.

I can pay in anything I can find an image of at google
        hi ,

google , hmm , only exotic stuff , ....

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I kinda figured it was what you wanted but I always want to be sure when it comes to clients. Yeah I can use it as sound bytes. Tonight's updates going to take a little while longer cause I've got to dig up good misquotes from the candidates who didn't respond. That'll teach em

Now to stop bumping up my competitors paper. Not that it matters cause Panag will bump it every five seconds.
          Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

rofl @ civman

panag - i actually meant pixels, as MH understood.

Well, I figure, if you want to have an ad, you should write some unrelated original content.

Since I don't really need anything except original content.

Comment

rofl @ MH about panag

Comment

As National Mathematician, I have an important announcement: I have discovered that our president made an error in making the polls: Polls that start 6/11 and last 5 days do not end 6/15, they end on 6/16. This means all the elections still have one day left!

Comment

You can count! That bodes well.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

siro, beautiful look! (except on my browser it's hard to read, the lettering is light grey against a white bkgrnd)

As for bias, why not? all newspapers are anyways. gotta sift for the truth, just like real life. both you and moral hazard can be biased, though it'd be more interesting if you both claimed to be objective...
                    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

I'm also having trouble reading it, though highlighting makes it easier... Is there something i can fix in my browser to change that maybe? Otherwise, looks great.
                      "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

As National Mathematician, I have an important announcement: I have discovered that our president made an error in making the polls: Polls that start 6/11 and last 5 days do not end 6/15, they end on 6/16. This means all the elections still have one day left!

I think I'll run my paper tommorow morning anyway and rick a Dewey Vs. Truman

Comment

Then again I should probably hold it till I leave. Since I'll be away Sunday night/ Monday morning. Otherwise people will blame me like they did the media about florida in Bush/Gore. Not that I run a responsible paper anyway.

Comment

Comments:

"Allah is the only true God". "What?" said the first, "Everybody knows that Jehovah is the real god". Ignoring their comrades calls to "postpone the discussion to later times", the two protester proceeded to punch each other in the face.

I laughed out loud at this point!

“The leftwing protestor claimed that the rocks were merely a weapon of popular dissent, and therefore were fully legitimate. Yet when an approaching army vehicle began hurling rocks at the protestors, some began crying about "excessive use of power" and "illegal use of lethal weapons". "Those are boulders!" yelled a protestor fleeing for his life.”

Another point where I literally laughed out loud.

About what you wrote about me: All I will say is very interesting to see what others think about you and to see their perspective. I think I liked this paper the most because it gave me a different view of my surroundings here that is impossible to get from just yourself.

Summery: kick-ass-job

Comment

This paper rules. Much better than the Apolytonian.
                              For your photo needs:
                              http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Thanks for the compliments

You have to admit that the Apolytonian had excellent content, even if it was more CNN like. I laughed out loud from several jokes.

I will edit the paper to make sure that the text is black.

Time - I thought that giving nice interesting perspectives will be cool. Thanks for the rest.

Btw, meanwhile no one is mentioning the Banana bit. I thought it was funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X