Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name of our leader (please read the first post before voting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of our leader (please read the first post before voting)

As the lections end very soon, we can expect the game to start soon too. But a problem of the game creation hasn't been adressed : namely the name of our ruler.
    Sure, we could say the name changes when the President changes. But, game-wise, once the name has been decided (in the Pick Civilization screen), it won't change at all.
    It can seem unimportant, but just imagine President UberKrux recieving Catherine, and she says "You're very generous Trip, Thank you !". It will feel awkward.

That's why I decided to create this poll after 1,5 day debating.
    The only leadername that seems to meet wide agreement is to call our leader "Banana". Other options did not recieve support from other people than their authors.
    Time is running out, so I decided to make this poll even if it's flawed.

Options are :
    - Banana : for once, this option makes sense ! If this option wins, our ruler will indeed been called Banana.
    - other (explain) : if you have other ideas, or support an idea that has already been raised, please vote for this, and say what leadername you support
    - This poll is illegitimate : You think the method I adopted in making this poll isn't appropriate. You may be right, I hesitated before doing it. If so, please vote for this option. If you have any better solution, feel free to share it
    Banana
    53.57%
    Other (explain)
    14.29%
    This poll is illegitimate
    32.14%

The poll is expired.

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

OTOH, switch my vote (currently under "Illegitimate").

I propose we name our leader Evil Overlord.

Would make for some interesting diplo sessions, if I might add.
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Guys... anything... anything but Banana. Please, this thread is a joke.

Comment

It would kinda be funny to seeing the different advisor calling our leader a Banana.

Ghandi: Greetings Banana, could I interest you in a veggetarian curry?

Comment

Banana is the only way to go. We can't say "Trip" because that specifies a single person. We can't say "Sir" because that specifies a single gender.

However, Banana doesn't care. It can be male or female, it can be me or you. Banana fits everyone.
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Lord _______
            make the name from all the first elected ministers usernames... form a name with the first letter of each name
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Trip : I'm sad to say to you this thread is not a joke. The game starts very soon, and we still haven't a leadername. We need one. And, as I wrote in the first post, banana makes sense (since 66% of the current voters have voted for it).
              Personaly, I don't care what name wins. But I care that we find a leadername at the start of the game.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

If they don't like Banana... Space 'em
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Trip's too new to get the banana jokes
                  The banana will suffice, but I still like my idea
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

The great Banana will rule the world...I like the sound of that
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Artaxerxes.

Not, Banana!
                      Diderot was right!
                      Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
                      Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

I have a problem with something :
                        So far, 6 votes went to "This poll is illegitimate", but no one cared to explain why. No one also cared to give a better solution, which is sad, as we won't make any progress

Comment

Make that 5 votes.

*points to earlier post*
                          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

bump

Comment

I vote for Vlad's Evil Overlord.

ANYTHING but Banana.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X