I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new

I'm new here and I am confused about the elections. How are people nominated? I would like to run for an office next elections, but I don't know how. Also, what if someone runs for office and then screws up the game?
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

First DL!!!

Secondly If someone screws up the game then we get to try and fix it There are two? elections still open for nominations. In the new position thread.
    Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Welcome!

Only the President can screw up the game, don't worry. The only way that'll happen is if I lose the file.
      Yes, there are 2 Senate positions left, Reporter and Minister of Finances. Well, I suppose 'Reporter' isn't really a Senate position, but it's an elected one at least. Read up on the job descriptions, and see if you might like to run for either of them.

Comment

The Senate is a horrible name as the elected officials have no law making capability, decision yes but not laws. Cabinet is a better name.

Anyways make sure you vote for random, in all specify polls. :b

Comment

Ahhh, but 'Senate' makes this sound all important though, which is more fun!

Comment

decides not to tell Trip that he's been elected to being everyone's *****, however since he is president that would be supreme *****

Comment

Oh is that so...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                Ahhh, but 'Senate' makes this sound all important though, which is more fun!
                Personally, I like "High Council". Sounds more regal.
                Or Grand Assembly for the masses(since we seem to be very active citizens who get to vote on major decisions as well as elected officials.)
                Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Working...
                X