Election: City Planner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: City Planner

This is the election poll thread for the City Planner race.
    Duration: 5 days, 06/15
    Canidates: Sir Ralph, punkbass2000
    Sir Ralph
    42.62%
    punkbass2000
    57.38%

The poll is expired.

To summarize my positions:

I am, by nature, a builder. I love huge, culture rich empires. However, despite this, I strongly believe that an early war is an important for a beginning nation's development. The exact way this war will be carried out depends on our civ, but I will emphasive both offensive and defensive units early on, in addition to building settlers at every opportunity and after a couple of cities, some workers. After our early war(s), I will emphasize city infrastructure, especially cultural buildings for cultural take overs, early culture bonuses and because diplomacy is smoother when your ciov has a high culture rating. This is my platform.
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Thank you punkbass for the first summany and not a link instead!

Comment

despite our disagreements about having a constitution, game-wise my ideas are very similar to those of punk so he gets my vote

Comment

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

My positions and answers to questions can be found here. I won't simplify this in a single post.

Comment

punkbass2000. Do you think that all cities should have baths and temples to Mars?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                  punkbass2000. Do you think that all cities should have baths and temples to Mars?
                  Oh yes, very much so.

M&M's, too.

Especially if we're Roman.
                  "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"

Comment

Finally,

A poll where I don't have to feel bad about voting against the banana... however, 2 excellent candidates with similar styles - I'm hoping that you both get the opportunity to fill your boots in this post at some point, but for now.....

oh yeah... any statements concerning whipping?
                    always? never? only during war?
                    This isn't a vote deciding issue for me - just interested.
                    DANGER! - Unexploded Civilian

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000

M&M's, too.
                      That's one for the punk.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by beno
                        I support poprushing in a reasonable way. Reasonable means, that it shall not hinder the growth of the city to it's limit due to needed entertainers. And it has to be limited to 1 citizen, because a second would double his time of unhappiness. So, probably poprushing a Temple (with 1 citizen loss) is fine, rushing a spearman too, if the city is getting attacked, but rushing a knight at once would be far too much.

Comment

Originally posted by beno
                          Finally,

A poll where I don't have to feel bad about voting against the banana... however, 2 excellent candidates with similar styles - I'm hoping that you both get the opportunity to fill your boots in this post at some point, but for now.....

always? never? only during war?
                          This isn't a vote deciding issue for me - just interested.
                          I support whipping to an extent. Typically only with buildings, requiring one (maybe two, in extreme circumstances). Also for defensive units in a city that is threatened.

Comment

m&ms? u get my vote

Comment

how to vote... hmmm... both good people...
                              I know, I'll vote Canadian! (out comes the secret plan to stock the cabinet with Canucks)
                              Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                              Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                              Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                              Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Working...
                              X