A problem with the polls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A problem with the polls.

In many of the polls I've noticed that there are a lot of options, while this is great for finding out what people think it's terrible for actually making a decision. Take the term limits poll I believe the current leader is no term limits however if you add the total votes for positions supporting term limits they outweigh those against. For this reason I propose that there should be runoffs between the popular options. I'm not sure what the exact methodology should be however; any thoughts.
    Accidently left my signature in this post.

what about making decision threads for a minimum of 2 days mandatory before posting a poll?

this would run like this, for example:
    a discussion is taken, after 2 days, somone summarizes the discussion into the poll threads. those can be discussed for 1 day. next, a poll with the discussed options would be posted and cross-linked (a link from poll to discussion and one in the other direction).

negative aspect of this:
    it would lead to 2+1=3 days of discussion + polling time before we have a conclusion.
    i believe polls also should be kept up for a minimum of 2 and a optimum of 4 days, so we would need about 1 week for taking a decission, which may be too long.
    Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

Yes, I realized that once I had posted it.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

However, I think that the two best options can be used in a finalization run. (At least for that poll´(We don't need the results for a while anyway)
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

We can add, you know. 5 no, 4 yes A, and 4 yes B makes it pretty obvious that it's not NO.

Comment

Things like these do need to be clarified. I think.
            Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Now we're getting near the problem of democracy; efficency. Maybe we next time should make a "Civ3 - Tyrrany" game?
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It may take a little more time, but the alternative, having several successive polls for a single issue, would a) REALLY clutter up the forum, even more than it is now, which adds confusion, and b) cut down on time time available to vote etc.

Comment

This thread would be a good place to discuss these concerns, and propose solutions.
                  "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                  -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Working...
                  X