Culture Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culture Club

This is not a Political Party as much as a Citizen Group. It is for those of us who believe that culture is an important part of any empire. What good is conquering distant lands if we have nothing to live for, no God to honour, I ask?
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Culture also works out as a method to conquer nearbye cities without a big messy war. From a purely strategic viewpoint, culture is both an offensive and defensive weapon with great potential.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Why formalize any of this? People will vote their ideas anyway.

Comment

For fun. It is a citizen group. Ideally, people will discuss cultural matters here, 'members' may vote similarly in culture-related polls, links to cultural threads will be posted. It's a club.
        "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"

Comment

BTW, it's not really formal anyway.

Comment

Ok. I was just trying to keep anyone from getting all worked up over it. These things fizzled out at the Civ2 Demo Game, and they probably will here, too.

Comment

I would like to join the club!

Comment

As long as we don't have secret handshakes, skywalker...

Sounds good - can I be a member (this has no bearing on my political party stance)?
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

You bet I'll be a member.
                  Lime roots and treachery!
                  "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Anyone is free to join. I don;t think it will fizzle, as there are always cultural matters to be discussed.

Comment

culture rules!
                      count me in.. as long as it isnt a party
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Oh, it's a party
                        But not a political one.

Comment

kinda lopsided don't you think? who in thier right mind would say culture in Civ3 is unimportant.

Comment

Absolute Warmongers?

I like culture for it's Foreign Affairs bonuses! Mmm!
                            Wojit - He likes rice

Comment

I join.
                              Nym
                              "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Working...
                              X