Turnchats Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turnchats Part II

Another poll prelude. Options for how often turnchats occur. I would be in favour of once every three days or twice a week, to allow time for discussion, analysis and voting.
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Once a week.

Any more often and the game will go too fast.

Don't try and change stuff that's been shown to work.

Comment

Once a week is good.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Yup, once a week is enough, we need time to make new plans, post polls and generaly up postcount

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
          Once a week.

Any more often and the game will go too fast.

Don't try and change stuff that's been shown to work.
          I'm not trying to change anything. I'm getting the impression that you think this game is some sort of sequel to the Civ2 Democracy game. It is not, and these things need to be decided. We are starting with clean slate. Of course we may borrow things from other games, but if a majority want to do it daily, for example, then that's the way things go.
          "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"

Comment

It IS a sequel to the Civ2 Demo Game. The Civ2 Demo Game was created to a) have fun and b) test the waters. Don't try and reinvent the wheel.

Comment

IT is not a sequel. It is a new game with new rules. There is no reason to just automatically take the rules of Civ2 demogame. Many of us, if not most, never played that game and may not want the same rules.
              Don't re-invent the wheel? I could just as easily argue that we should adopt all the CFC rules, as it's more relevant, having been a Civ3 game.

Comment

The end of the world has come... I agree with punkbass2000

Comment

Good lord!

Comment

I'd say twice a week. People in some timezones may not be able to make it to a turnchat if it is only once a week.
                    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I agree with Azreal. Twice a week is good.

Comment

once a week...I don't like the whole idea anyways, but if we have to have it it should be once a week

Comment

2x a week, so we can accomodate for different time zones like lordazreal said
                          Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                          Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                          Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                          Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Yes, definetly twice a week and at different times.

This so that if someone isn't available at the time when one is held he/she can attend the other.

Maybe time cap of say 4-8 hours in the chats would be nice, ie. Tuesday @ 23 GMT and thursday 18 GMT...
                            So many pedestrians, so little time

Comment

Okay, I think it's time for a poll.

Comment

Working...
                              X