No announcement yet.

The Polling Standards Commission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think polling shoudl be too regulated, just if anyone is unhappy have the ministers change. Just be informative, add banana and/or "other" options, and give appropriate time for voters.

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
      I don't think polling shoudl be too regulated, just if anyone is unhappy have the ministers change. Just be informative, add banana and/or "other" options, and give appropriate time for voters.
      Thjats about all yes. But I think we should have standard rukles for special cases (as repolling) )
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

If tomeny people vote for 'i dunno', anybody think we should cancel that vote, for an imformative 12hours.
        i think we should have 2 i dunno votes, one being, 'i dunno cuz i jus don't care', and the otherbeing, 'i dunno cuz i'm not informed!', because they simply don't know that meny facts and arn't able to vote for somthing they feal they would like to vote in it!
        Help negate the vegiterian movement!
        For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

1. it's your fault for being uninformed, unless everyone is and then everyone will agree to make a better poll.
          2. what you say is sort of the difference between banana and other (though notcompletely)

Comment

the hole reason of adding that option, is to find out if a majority is uninformed!
            Help negate the vegiterian movement!
            For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
              Why don't we just leave it alone? Don't fix what isn't broken. These little things have already been solved by us at the Civ2 Demo Game.
              Why are you against this?
              "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
              -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

I agree, I feel there ought to be a few rules regarding all these polls that are popping up all over the place. And forgive me for being part of the problem up until now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

You can close polls at will???

And, on the one hand aren't you arguing that we're all trustworthy enough to have the save, yet on the other there need to be really strict rules so that poll starters don't delude the ppl?!?!?! Who do you trust in all this?
                  I no longer know what you mean with your previous posts on things like save availability, strict vs informal "Constitution" etc.

WTF?!?!?!
                  These are not strict rules. These are rules to ensure that everyone has an equal say. I don't I mean I don't trust people, just that polls can easily be confusing. As stated in my first post, this is to make sure that everything is clear for the average voter. I don't think any of these rules are either stringent or unruly. If you don't like them, attack the specific proposals you don't like, not me. If you don't like the whole idea, vote against when I post a poll on the issue. Otherwise, don't start thread-jacking.
                  "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                    Also, what you've been talking about hasn't happened in the Civ2 Demo Game, and I don't think it will here.
                    Perhaps not tp the extreme I described, but I can easily imagine situations where people don't understand the poll. In fact, we're already having that arise. Whether or not to have the polls average or to have a plurality rule, for example. Are these not problems that need to be addressed? Someone had to address them. I am asking for opinions on the proposals themselves, and would ask that you take this particular argument elsewhere. If you don't like the general idea vote against it later when I post the polls for it. Feel free to start a thread about why we shouldn't have these regulations, you can even call it the 'Anti-Polling Standards Commission', if you want. It may make it in to the AAACC3 party line.

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                      Exactly. I just wanted to discuss specific rules and have them posted clearly so anyone can easily find out what the polling regulations are.

Comment

As I've said, don't fix what's not broken. We don't need it, and it would only take up time.

Comment

I believe that most people understand how polls work, and whats excpected when they post them. a strict set of rules is not required here.

Comment

My 2 cents:
                            I agree with sky/space,
                            A few rules are ok, but there's no need to get bogged down over a strict set of rules.
                            "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                              I believe that most people understand how polls work, and whats excpected when they post them. a strict set of rules is not required here.
                              This is ovviously not the case, as we are already having problems with several polls. Also, most is not enough.

Comment

Oh, and as I mentioned before, this is not a thread for the discussion of whether or not we need these standards. This is a thread for proposals of standards. Please start a new thread if you want to debate whether or not this is necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X