Minister Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minister Posts

Which of the currently suggested minister posts are you for. (Note, this poll is just to see if any posts are not needed. Final dicision will be taken later)

These are the posts to vote for.

President (Physically Plays the Game)
    Vice-president
    Science Advisor (Decides what advances to go for)
    Foreign Advisor (Manages Diplomacy)
    Millitary Advisor (Conducts War, Stratey)
    Trade Advisor (Controls Trade with Other Civs)
    City Planner (Manages Cities)
    Impirial Expansion (Founds New Cities)
    Historian (Logs all inportant info and such)
    Public Works Minister(Manages Workers)
    Environmental Minister (Battles Global warming and polution)
    Financial Minister (Distrubuates the Income on Science, Luxery and Taxes as well as assigning money to different Ministers)

(Sorry, no Banana Minister)

Note that the result of this poll is just to help the planning out.

Timeout: 5 days.
    President :rolleyes:
    10.46%
    Vice-president
    9.46%
    Science Advisor
    10.06%
    Foreign Advisor
    10.06%
    Millitary Advisor
    10.06%
    Trade Advisor
    8.65%
    City Planner
    8.85%
    Impirial Expansion
    6.84%
    Historian
    9.86%
    Public Works Minister
    6.84%
    Environmental Minister
    3.02%
    Financial Minister
    5.84%

The poll is expired.

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Post your thoughts too!

All except for Trade, Environment (what a joke THAT position would be ) and Finance.

Trade is covered by Foreign Affairs and the tax rate covered by the Science Minister (via the science rate, duh ). Finance may be a good idea, and if we need this or further Ministers (eg a happiness minister - maybe Minister of the Arts?), we can always vote them in when and as they are needed.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Everything but Environmental Minister. It's useless.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

i didnt vote for public works minister. i would like that position filled by the city planner.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Did not vote because of lack of experience in this kind of game but my intuition tells me to have limit the number of posts (unless you love meetings and lengthy debates of course).
          Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
            i didnt vote for public works minister. i would like that position filled by the city planner.

Perhaps, uber, but it is of such a role in Civ3 that it might be necessary to have a separate position (of course they have nothing to do in the beginning).
            Consul.

Comment

i suppose. we shall see how the poll turns out.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Environmental is useless. And the Public Works may be managed by the City Planner.

One interesting addition: Intelligence Minister (deals with espionage and other assorted things).
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

We can always vote for new positions when we need them. Espionage would be a token position for the first term or two in office.

Flexibility people! No need to overcomplicate things from day one!
                  Consul.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                    Environmental is useless. And the Public Works may be managed by the City Planner.

One interesting addition: Intelligence Minister (deals with espionage and other assorted things).
                    I believe that would fall under 'Foreign Affairs'.
                    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                    -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Financial minister has too much power in the balance
                      Let the ministers of trade and science debate what to do and let the citizens vote for that
                      Let public works for the city planner
                      Same thing for environmental
                      You know, i don't think too much administratives stuff is good for a democracy. I'm french and my country is suffering of this ;-))
                      Member of the P4 party in the SMAC democracy game
                      Running for foreign affairs

Comment

I think we should have governors, once we have around ten cities. WE should start splitting cities into groups of 5-10 cities and have governor for each province. This will take care of the problem of workers' orders and city queues.
                        "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                        -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
                          I think we should have governors, once we have around ten cities. WE should start splitting cities into groups of 5-10 cities and have governor for each province. This will take care of the problem of workers' orders and city queues.
                          What about the city planner?
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

The problem is that Public works are more then improving the Cities, so I don't think that should be put on to governors or Cityplanner, however, they should be able toy request improvements in their area of controll. Still lots of things to do before we know what the positions will be.
                            However, the positions suggested are only suggestions, and the exact description, and duties for them still has to be drawn up.

Comment

Who didn't vote President?

Comment

Working...
                              X