Changing Offices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Offices?

Should, say, the Foriegn Minister be able to run for president after his term is over for being Foriegn Minister?
    Yes. Always.
    64.71%
    Yes, but only if he hasn't maxed out his # of terms in current office.
    21.57%
    Yes, but only AFTER he has maxed out his # of terms in current office.
    9.80%
    No, never.
    3.92%
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

middle two options explained. just say the term limit is 3 terms.

Yes, but only if he hasn't maxed out his # of terms in current office.

the person should be allowed to run for any office, but can ONLY spend 3 terms in the whole government, (ie, if he served 3 terms as Science Minister, he is not allowed to run for anything).

Yes, but only AFTER he has maxed out his # of terms in current office.

the person would be allowed to run for anything AFTER he finished 3 terms in his office, or gets voted out.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Yes, Always!
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I'm in favour of having a limited term of people being in office, say 3 times in a row.

But if in that time they want to try their best at 3 different offices, go ahead

Comment

I agree with Gramphos.
          My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
          My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

Only after he has maxed out his # of terms in current office. I don't want a president without administrative experience.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
              Only after he has maxed out his # of terms in current office. I don't want a president without administrative experience.
              what about the first one

Comment

I can't see why not. But I think there should be some limits on how many terms the president could be in office!
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Why the heck not?

Comment

EASY MAN!

I just think that it would be accurate, in real life it's like that in some countries, and it will stop people from become despots!

Well, but I'm open for other solutions.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Comment

Always, why not.

Comment

Always, but not within a term. you have to serve your term as whatever yo uare - no swapping with someone else. (No cabinet shuffles)
                          Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                          Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                          Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                          Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Always, but I agree with Captain, no government shuffles. For example, if I agree with Tassadar5000 on his views about science but not about war, I will vote for him to minister of science. I wouldn't like to see him transferred to minister of war without an election.
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

If someone do a god job he should be revarded

Comment

Working...
                              X