Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty Setting

first democratic potion of the game,

it's pretty self explanitory, btu if you feel the need to "campaign" for your choice, do it here
    Chieftan (easiest)
    2.47%
    Warlord
    3.70%
    Regent
    19.75%
    Monarch
    24.69%
    Emperor
    28.40%
    Deity (hardest)
    20.99%
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Re: Difficulty Setting

Originally posted by UberKruX
    first democratic potion of the game,

it's pretty self explanitory, btu if you feel the need to "campaign" for your choice, do it here
    I think we should do a lower difficulty, because some of us are new to Civilization and still haven't quite mastered it yet.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

oh, and incase you're wondering, i voted Monarch (its where i play for fun )
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

I say Emperor. With the combined forces of all our citizens, we should be able to do ok on it.

Comment

I say Diety, hey if we get killed the first time we can always go back and try again!

Comment

I purpose the following calculation to evaluate this poll:

1. Give each option points:
            Chieftan = 1
            Warlord = 2
            Regent = 3
            Monarch = 4
            Emperor = 5
            Deity =6

2. Multiply the points for each option with the number of votes for that option, and sum the points in total.

3. Divide the points with the number of voters, and we get a men point.

4. This point is rounded and the difficultylevel will be the value that results in.

What do you think?

Will it work?
            I think this way we'll get the opinion on how hard we want the game.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

And an example from the postioin after 13 voters.

(1 * 0 + 2 * 1 + 3 * 2 + 4 * 4 + 5 * 3 + 6 * 3)/13 = 57/13

57/13 = 4.38 Rounded to 4 => Monarch.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I agree with you Gramphos, that is a good way to determine difficulty level IMHO.
                Alea iacta est!

Comment

Definetely Deity.
                  With so many people thinking about the game, we should make it as hard as possible.

Also, the Democracy game will be much more realistic if we face real crises that can seriously affect our empire and even destroy it.

I mean, do you want to play a game where everything goes smoothly and the most important decisions we make are whether to invade the neighboring civ with 20 Knights or 30?
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Deity. What Eli said.

I want to feel unhappy and start some revolutions.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I agree with Eli too. Also, although some people are new, I think we'll likely do as well as our best players, if not better, assuming the 'good' players explain their opinions and the new players can follow the arguments. Also, we'll have tons of time for extra analysis and micromanagement.
                      "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                      -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

I voted Monarch, and that's what I was going with, but after reading Eli's post, I would have to agree with him (oops ). Let's go for Diety, it won't really be fun unless it's a real challenge.

Comment

Diety, without a doubt!

I usually play on Monarch, but I think the wealth of knowledge and skill represented by our population make it possible to face the challenge of diety.

Besides, it will help lower-level players improve.

Comment

you people are over optimistic. diety is a world where the AI starts with 2 settlers 4 workers and several warriors. and it grows AT LEAST 10x as fast as you. ::sigh::

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                              you people are over optimistic. diety is a world where the AI starts with 2 settlers 4 workers and several warriors. and it grows AT LEAST 10x as fast as you. ::sigh::
                              Do you prefer a world where we grow 2x as fast as the AI and achieve dominance by the industrial era? Because this is what will happen if we choose Monarch or other "low" difficulty levels?

Though I must admit now that Deity might be really too much. At CFC they play on Monarch level and they are a very powerful civ, but not more than that.

Maybe Emperor?
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                              X