Super Christmas Edition Turnchat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Christmas Edition Turnchat!

OK. Christmas has come and gone (well, for me), and apart from the Boxing Day Test at the Basin Reserve, Wellington, tomorrow, that is it for my commitments (I'm committed to this Test, OK? ) until back to work on Jan 5.

So, I propose reinjecting life into this little game of ours. We must prepare for our first neighbourly war, and choose the opponent. It is early going, so with a decent rhythm we can get a dozen or more turns done in a couple hours, or even more.

I propose a turnchat time like those that have been successful in the recent past - 2100 GMT Saturday 27 December (1000 Sunday for me). For the US this is 1600 EST (NYC), 1500 Chicago, 1400 Denver and 1300 LA. This is also 1900 in Rio de Janeiro, 2300 in Jerusalem and 0800 Sunday AEST (Sydney).

I will be PMing some of the DGers of old and hoping to get some of them there too. I daresay that most who are interested should be able to make it, seeing as it is the holiday season, and many will probably be unable to move after all the Christmas food! If we can't make it now, I don't know of any better time.

So tell all who are interested, download the save and have a look at it (but don't play ahead please!), and we will start at the above time in the #civ3dem room of the Apolyton.net IRC server. As usual I can provide guidance for any who want to know how to get to this place. If you want to test it out, chat to discuss the game, or just hang out in chat with no real reason, I will be on IRC as much as I can, and will likely be in that chatroom amongst others around 0600 GMT for several hours each day.
    Attached Files
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Wonderful.

Since I haven't planned anything yet, I should be able to make it.

I'm in the chat room all the time. Well, my computer is

Comment

Great!
      I should be available too

Comment

unable to make the chat, as on work pc, but looking forward to updates etc... more power to the game
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

50/50 chance for me. I will do my best.
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I should be able to come But there is a very small chance I will not be able to make it.

Comment

Good to hear some people can make it! Yes this is STILL happening, with less than 24 hours time. See you there...
              Consul.

Comment

BUMP for attention. Hope to see you all there in around 11 hours....

Now, some things for general note and discussion, if you can look at the save before the chat.

We have a settler that is headed for the Sth Isle, and will found on the East coast. A new one comes from New Asgard next turn, and we must decide where to send it. My personal preference is NW x3 of Fields of Gold. Here it gets the whales and game, as well as having SOME improveable terrain around.

We will need to take on a neighbour sometime, and we have to choose one and prepare. Persia does not have its Iron hooked up yet, and we could land a force to prevent hookup, but it is distant from our cities and would be hard to defend in their territory (no healing inside enemy territory). Maybe Spain would be best, as with good positioning we could force them into the bottlenecks their land is made up of. However, they have Iron and Horses hooked up, but we could take these for ourselves. Another plus is that they have the GL, which could be quite useful on this archipelago map...

We are currently not ready to take on ANYone, so we will need to develop internally first, and build a number of Galleys as well. We should perhaps aim for Iron and or Horses somehow in order to give us some force for an invasion.

So have your thoughts on these issues and any others prepared in advance, and post here if you have something you would like to contribute. Questions, ideas, plans - all welcome.
                Consul.

Comment

I should be able to come for some time... I have a jam session to be recorded (yes, the DVD of my band is almost done! ) around 2100, Rio time ( this is 2300 GMT).
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
                  X