SMC Poll #2: Military Building Priorities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMC Poll #2: Military Building Priorities

As seen in my earlier thread about the state of the Viking military, our current military is woefully inadequate for our current protection. It is my goal to successfully build up the military.

I am deeply concerned by the very low number of offensive units (archers). If we are to conduct a successful war, we need offensive units, and a lot of them. At the current time, we have few.

However, the lack of any unit with a defense greater than 1 is equally concerning. Being on an island and watching other civs' galleys constantly sailing by is quite worrying; an invasion could come at any time. I believe that it is very important to build some spearmen (at least 1, probably 2) for all of our cities, especially since we now know the Persians have a source of Iron. Warriors and archers on the defensive are no match for Immortals, or swordsmen, or really even archers for that matter.

So, what should we concentrate on building now? Defensive units, in case war comes to us; or offensive units, to take the war to them?
    Offensive units first
    50.00%
    Defensive units first
    40.00%
    Bananas first
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

Remember the more Archers we get, the more we will have ready for upgrades to Berzerks when the time comes. However, we will need some Spears for a war against any of our opponents.

I will not vote just yet so as not to swing the other voters.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Your just the SMC. Not the DM too

Comment

voted for defensive units. We are still expanding and we need some defense for now. After some time, when we have settled the island(s) we may start building archers and upgrade them to bezerks

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
          Your just the SMC. Not the DM too
          Yay! I look forward to the DM poll(s) then.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I'd say in our current situation we need defensive forces more than offensive ones.
            So many pedestrians, so little time

Comment

archer! Archer!! ARCHER!!!

A good defense is a good offense. Build Archers to use as military police to keep the cities happy, and have a couple of spear handy to move to threatened areas.

You can do so much more with an offensive unit. What are we to do if an AI civ has an spear running around inside our cultural border pillaging our valuable roads? Attack it with a spear? Not a chance! Basicly, spear just sit there, Archers DO stuff.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Voted for defensive units...

Viking cities simply need units to guard their cities. Think of it long term a bit.. If we go arround kicking ass we should have something at home just in case our conquering doesn't go so well... Right?
                Drive Defensively, buy a tank!!!!

Comment

is there noone that think we might build some offencive units and some defencive at the same time? :-) i mean we DO got multiplie cities, right? :-)
                  Proud member of the PNY Brigade
                  Also a proud member of the The Glory Of War team on PtW-DG

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"

Comment

I think we need to settle the islands and after this make the offense against someone (no matter who).

Comment

Working...
                    X