C3C Intersite Game of Democracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C3C Intersite Game of Democracy

Would the members of Apolyton be interested in a C3C Intersite Game of Democracy? CDG is certainly interested in it, as I would suspect are the other 2 (soon to be 3 ) eliminated teams of the PTW ISDG. So this thread is basically a test to see if their is any interest for this amongst the Apolyton community.

The benefits of a Conquests demogame are 1.) many gameplay issues will have been resolved, 2.) now that we've done it once, we can make any appropriate changes to the rules to make them clearer ahead of time, 3.) lots of new bells and whistles in C3C, and 4.) it will involve people from teams previously left out or already eliminated in the PTW ISDG.

Sincerely,
    Micaelis Rex of CDG
    Staff Member of CDG

sure, I'm in
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Set it up, sure. I'm not sure if the sites still in the (edit: current) game would want to split their efforts to two ISDGs, though; I'd prefer to finish this PTW one before starting a new C3C DG.
      Last edited by Kloreep; November 4, 2003, 21:58.

Comment

The thing is, the PTW one may drag on for another year or more. I'm not sure if people want to wait that long to get back to ISDGing. Besides, there isn't much chance of this starting before Jan. anyway, as coordinating a game like this among (most likely) 8 teams takes alot of time. I'm just looking to get discussion started.

FYI, CFC, CGN, and GCA have all expressed interest in this idea, as well of course as CDG.
        Staff Member of CDG

Comment

I agree a discussion now is good. Especially if we want time to discuss rules on what tricks/exploits should and should not be done, which ideally should all take place before this next game (though as always, more will come up during the game). But what I'm saying is I'm not so sure I'd want to start actually playing the new game until the current one is wrapping up.

Comment

Im in.

January sounds fine.

We are doing a Demo game at MZO and hopefully if we find any issues/bugs we can share what we learn.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Who's going to be the host site?

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                Who's going to be the host site?
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Right now CDG is organizing it. No host has been determined yet.
                  Staff Member of CDG

Comment

Hum, if it would be one of the conquests; yes! Sounds good.

But if it would just be an epic; let's wait until the current game is winding down.

Hum, playing a conquest would also allow for some built-in handicaping by having the more experenced team playing a smaller power.
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

The UN is up!

Come and discuss this game's settings, rules, and procedures here:
                      Staff Member of CDG

Comment

Originally posted by Micaelis Rex
                        The UN is up!

Come and discuss this game's settings, rules, and procedures here:
                        http://cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/civ3/viewforum.php?f=418
                        hi ,

intresting

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

An official team signup thread has been created at the UN. If there is still any interest in this from Apolyton, please sign up soon before the registration phase is ended. Then we will move onto the rule discussion phase, so we can begin hopefully not too far into 2004.
                          Staff Member of CDG

Comment

I'm in and I even may resume activity if this happens.
                            Duddha: I will return...
                            Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
                            "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
                            Free California!

Comment

I'm in for Poly. where do I sign up?
                              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Working...
                              X